Every day, the people of TSYS® and Netspend® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are “People-Centered Payments”, and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people’s lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere — and for yourself — we may have the right place for you.
The Cyber Security Incident Manager is part of the Threat Management Center and is responsible for managing cyber security related incidents and coordinating the activities of cyber incident response teams. The cyber incident response teams are groups of individuals from various teams assembled to respond to cyber incidents across the global enterprise. The Cyber Security Incident Manager works closely with the Threat Management Center, Threat Intelligence, Threat Hunters, Forensics, Information Security Engineering, IT Operations, Physical Security, Human Resources and others to deliver consistent handling for all security incidents, ensuring incidents are managed, tracked, resolved, and reported in a uniform manner throughout the lifecycle of the incident.
The Cyber Security Incident Manager is responsible for taking the lead role involving incident response and internal investigations and for understanding and adhering to corporate security standards, policies and procedures.
- Design and deliver the strategic direction for cyber incident response capabilities and services.
- Partner with other business areas to effectively predict, prevent, detect, and respond to cyber threats
- Lead and direct global delivery of 24/7 cyber security incident response services utilizing internal, matrix and external resources to resolve incidents as accurately, quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Manage incidents throughout the incident lifecycle. Gather further information about an incident, understand its significance, and assess impact. Capture the progress, actions taken and manage incident communication to the appropriate parties. Ensure that all incidents are recorded and tracked to meet corporate, forensic, audit and legal requirements. Provide a strong comprehension of incident response.
- Balance multiple engagements in a highly dynamic environment and adjust priorities of work based on changing operational needs and an evolving threat horizon.
- Manage escalation, response, resolution, and reporting of cyber security incidents
- Oversee the development and maintenance of incident response standards, processes, and guidelines. Develop and document processes to ensure consistent and scalable response operations.
- Coordinate incident response scenarios and routine exercises to ensure operational readiness
- Support maintenance, administration, and break/fix remediation (including Root Cause Analysis) relating to cyber incidents
- Research, evaluate, and recommend new security technologies, processes, and methodologies, and be responsible for knowledge transfer of techniques, processes, procedures and expertise to other members of the incident response team.
- Assist with the development and management of budget, technology, service, and solution/vendor roadmaps
- Oversee the collection and management of metrics to ensure effective/efficient cyber security operations. Create and maintain dashboards for reviewing open incidents by severity, type, ownership, etc., and a standardized method for collecting and reporting metrics related to incidents.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or 8 years relative experience
- Industry certification such as CISSP, CISM, GCIH, GREM, and GCFE. (PMP considered a plus)
- Experience working in a large, mission critical environment
- 5+ years of work experience managing cyber security incident response
- Significant experience resolving problems independently and/or through a support team
- Demonstrated experience managing direct, indirect, and outsourced resources
- Experience managing operations playbooks, run books, and performance measures
- Strong performance maintaining and optimizing operations leveraging industry best practices
- Excellent social, verbal, and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to effectively present analytical data to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong understanding of proactive cyber defense and incident response automation
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of data analysis methods
- Comfortable working in high stress and ambiguous environments
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing events, reprioritizing efforts, and realign resources as needed
- Ability to translate complex technical information into terms and products useful to upper-level management
- Ability and willingness to be on-call, work non-standard hours, and travel (up to 15%) when required
- Significant experience managing cyber security incident response programs
- Demonstrated experience managing the use of industry leading cyber security solutions, platforms, and technologies
- Experience leading and/or managing global and multi-tiered organizations
- Effective project management skills
Not Ready to Apply? Join Our Talent Community!!
TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. For more information about your rights, click here.
Qualified individuals with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with TSYS. This includes assistance in completing the job application (online or otherwise) and reasonable accommodations during the hiring process. For assistance with reasonable accommodations needed to apply for a job, please contact the TSYS Pay and Benefits Center between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday at +1.706.644.8747 or +1.877.644.8747 or email at PayandBenefits@tsys.com.