The Cyber Security Information Assurance Engineer plans, coordinates, and implements security measures for information systems to regulate access to computer data files and prevent unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure of information.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Develops plans to safeguard computer files against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure and to meet emergency data processing needs.
- Confers with users to discuss issues such as computer data access needs, security violations, and programming changes.
- Documents and keeps current all information security rules and policies.
- Advises and consults on all CIO project-related information security issues, control gates, and the security review processes in place.
- Evaluates emerging and available technologies to enable customer systems and users to securely share information with customers.
- Monitors current reports of computer viruses to determine when to update virus protection systems.
- Modifies computer security files to incorporate new software, correct errors, or change individual access status.
- Monitors use of data files and regulate access to safeguard information in computer files.
- Performs penetration testing and evaluation of network/server configurations to identify potential vulnerabilities.
- Performs risk assessments/analysis and executes tests of data processing system to ensure functioning of data processing activities and security measures.
- Encrypts data transmissions and erect firewalls to conceal confidential information as it is being transmitted and to keep out tainted digital transfers.
- Documents computer security and emergency measures policies, procedures, and tests.
- Reviews violations of computer security procedures and discuss procedures with violators to ensure violations are not repeated.
- Develops and documents integrated security architecture to enable or enhance the CIO and user platforms.
- Models competing architectures and prototype discrete information security technologies to insure that applications programs are constructed with the highest security possibly in accordance with standards.
- Prepares information security policy recommendations for presentation to the customer security boards.
- Evaluates emerging requirements and technologies to assist CIO in identifying a long-term investment strategy.
- Provides engineering support to CIO projects to include the evaluation of proposed analytic tools.
- Designs, develops, engineers, and implements solutions to security requirements.
- Gathers and organizes technical information about an organization’s mission goals and needs, existing security products, and ongoing programs in the security arena.
- Produces and executes IT service continuity plan including technical service recovery plans.
- Trains users and promote security awareness to ensure system security and to improve server and network efficiency.
- Coordinates implementation of computer system plan with establishment personnel and outside vendors.
- Analyzes existing requirements and prepare specifications for hardware acquisitions.
QVine Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer—M/F/D/V