Berkshire Hathaway GUARD Insurance Companies’ Internship Program has a two-fold mission. We want to give students a chance to learn by applying academic skills and knowledge to business situations, and we want to acquire qualified, talented, and motivated individuals eager to take on special projects. All Berkshire Hathaway GUARD Internships are paid positions, and many of them have evolved into permanent employment with a variety of benefits and no ceiling on growth potential. We believe you’ll find our technologically advanced environment and friendly, progressive culture to be to your liking.
As an intern in our Technology team, you will work with analysts and business partners to develop new solutions that automate or enhance business processes throughout the organization. You will work to enhance and maintain our existing system to ensure that our system is always fast, available and scalable. You will be working with large datasets, so a focus on performance and optimized code is important.
You will be part of a team tasked with the ensuring the safety and health of our environment and information. By assisting our teams with risk mitigation, access management and threat monitoring you will play in important role in ensuring our operations run smoothly. You will be responsible for helping keep our environment secure from real world security threats.
- Assists experienced team members with Information Security activities, as assigned
- Participates on special Information Security projects, as assigned
- Adheres to technology standards and follows documented procedures
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with peers and end users
- Follows predefined processes to set end user expectations
- Assists with task automation and process improvements, as directed
- Experience with or coursework related to Information Security, Cyber Security, Information Systems, or Business-Technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to identify and creatively resolve problems