Are you an Ethical Hacker driven to find system and network vulnerabilities to prevent intruders from gaining access to your systems? Do you attend all the local, regional, and national security conferences to stay up to date on the latest system and network defenses and exploits? Are you looking for an illustrious career serving our nation? Do you want to help to prevent malicious intruders from infiltrating the Intelligence Community (IC) systems?
Leidos is seeking Cyber Security Specialists to perform in-depth technical analysis and review of Information Systems compliance with US Government security requirements. The work is challenging and includes conducting penetration tests, researching new vulnerabilities and exploits, network and system security engineering, as well as ensuring security compliance requirements are met across the IC. The position is currently located in Reston, VA with occasional travel to customer locations, currently at 10% or less.
– Perform Enterprise and cross domain malicious user penetration testing against systems built on Windows, Citrix, Linux and Solaris operating systems.
– Conduct Security Assessments of critical systems and provide actionable reports to assist with mitigating the findings of the assessments.
– Review and analyze Bodies of Evidence (BoEs) for gaps in security controls and implementation details.
– Report on gaps in Risk Assessment Reports (RARs) and make recommendations to remediate risks.
– Conduct “Open Source” research on the latest offensive/defensive tools, exploits, vulnerabilities, and Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs) in support of securing IC systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a security related discipline and 5 or more years of experience preferred.
- 2 or more years experience with developing, implementing, integrating, and evaluating IC systems engineering-related projects is recommended.
- 1 or more years experience supporting either mission programs and/or consulting with senior level customers.
- Demonstrated experience in information assurance and/or information security at a highly technical level is required.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with current Linux/UNIX distributions, including Debian, Solaris trusted extensions, RedHat, Centos, Ubuntu and Mac OS X.
- Familiar with cross domain penetration testing, and malicious user testing.
- Active CISSP certification, or ability to obtain within 90 days.
- Broad systems security engineering (SSE) background.
- Familiar with both commercial and open source offensive/defensive security tools.
- Ability to communicate well at all levels, both written and verbally, from the executives to the technicians.
- Experience performing technical evaluations of information systems, to include comprehensive vulnerability assessments and/ penetration testing.
- Extensive hands-on experience using security tools to conduct technical security assessments.
- Hands-on experience with US Government Information Assurance (IA) policies and procedures in ICD 503 (with knowledge in NIST 800-53 and Committee on National Security Systems Instruction (CNSSI) 1253 recommended).
- Experience in, or knowledge of, Blue and Red Team testing methodologies and operations.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in Cloud technologies, Cross-Domain or Multi-Level Security Solutions.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP and related protocols.
- Experience performing database and web application security testing.
- Experience with sand boxes, reverse engineering and disassemblers.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with everyone, from senior level executives to highly technical support staff.
- One or more of the following technical certifications desired: o SANS GCIH, GCFW, GCIA, GCUX, GSOC, GCWN o OSCP o RHCT, RHCE (RedHat) o SCSA, SCNA, SCSEA (Solaris) o MCSE Security o CCNA, CCNP, CCSP
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company�s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin’s Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company�s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.