Company The Boeing Company
Cyber Security Specialist – Level 3
Integrates security technical controls for multiple projects/products with defined requirements. Defines security product specifications and intrusion/data loss techniques. Analyzes network and computing security design. Designs, integrates and configures controls. Monitors network, computing, and host-based security alerting systems and event logs. Performs initial event/loss assessment and validation. Communicates system vulnerability details and attribution actions for further disposition.
Analyzes computing and network security design to determine optimum placement for security technical controls. Designs, integrates and configures controls. Defines and develops requirements sets to mitigate gaps. Evaluates intrusion detection/prevention and data loss prevention tools for applicability and effectiveness. Adapts and deploys tools. Installs intrusion prevention actions to intrusion sets. Performs initial event/loss assessment and validation. Activates and assists with incident response. Documents anomalies, monitors usage/action taken, performs trend analysis and recommends actions.
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
BOEING MILITARY AIRCRAFT
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Requirements):
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 5 or more years related experience or equivalent mix of education and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work iteratively with customers to gather and document requirements.
- Ability to work across a diverse team of software and systems engineers, technicians, and security specialists in a dynamic environment.
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance
- Security Clearance/Special Program Access or other Government Access Requirements is mandatory. Much of the work at The Boeing Company is of a classified nature and many positions require a security clearance, the granting of which is at the discretion of government authorities. A final clearance is mandatory for this position prior to hire or transfer. If your final Security Clearance/Special Program Access or other Government Access Requirement is not granted, in a time frame established by program management this offer will be withdrawn. Once your clearances are granted, if they are not maintained, the result may be reassignment, reclassification, or termination of employment.
- Working knowledge of the following:
- MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel.
- Experience with Linux development environment.
Additional Experience Desired:
- Experience with JAFAN and/or RMF security standards.
- Experience in a Software development and integration lab environment.
Technical bachelor’s degree and typically 5 or more years’ related work experience or a Master’s degree with typically 3 or more years’ or a PhD degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award