Dynamics of the Role
The Cyber Vulnerability Intelligence Analyst will collect, research, coordinate, and deliver intelligence gathered from various sources to increase TransUnion’s cyber vulnerability awareness and protection levels. This person will interact with key organizational personnel, working within the Cyber Threat and Intelligence team to compose essential documentation (risk assessments, vulnerability assessment reports, vulnerability remediation tracking reports, patch management reports etc.). The candidate’s strategic work products will enable decision makers to make more informed business decisions from actionable, timely, and relevant vulnerability intelligence.
We are looking to grow a research team with expertise in the following domains: Microsoft Windows Operating System Internals, Linux Operating Systems Internals, and Web Application design. All candidates must have expertise in at least one domain. The ideal candidate is very detailed oriented with strong written and oral communication skills, as well as a strong technical background.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Classify and prioritize the risk of new vulnerabilities according to the specifics of TransUnion’s global IT enterprise, mitigating factors, and assessment of the impacts of internal and external threats
- Facilitate proactive remediation of new vulnerabilities by collecting information from threat and vulnerability feeds, analyzing the impact/applicability to our environment and communicating applicable vulnerabilities and recommended remediation actions to the impacted teams
- Provide input to our security architects and testing team for enhancing and validating the information security strategy
- Stay current on security industry trends, attack techniques, mitigation techniques, security technologies and new and evolving threats to the organization by attending conferences, networking with peers and other education opportunities
What You’ll Bring:
- Curiosity and interest in technology
- Ability to effectively initiate, prioritize, and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment with minimal supervision
- Expertise in one of the following areas: Microsoft Windows Operating System Internals, Linux Operating Systems Internals, or Web Application design
- 3+ years of Information Security Experience working with vulnerability management tools and/or security testing
- Strong knowledge of threats and vulnerabilities associated with application and network security
- Sense of urgency to address new technologies being deployed
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a challenging environment
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- CEH, CISSP, SANS, and other security related certifications a plus
What We Offer
This is an exciting time in TransUnion’s history. With investments in our people, technology and new business markets, we are redefining the role and purpose of a credit bureau. We are acquiring new businesses, launching new products, and expanding our services to businesses and consumers worldwide.
The future has never looked brighter for our associates. We work hard to offer our team members meaningful work experiences to promote professional growth, and to provide an enjoyable place to work with competitive benefits, a healthy work/life balance, and a friendly, casual culture.
Who We Are
Information is a powerful thing. At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding innovative ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.