|Are you ready to take your cyber skills to the next level? Then join MITRE for the summer and put your skills to the ultimate test! Here you’ll work alongside experts in the field and tackle some of the nation’s most critical problems in the areas of cyber security, computer forensics, software engineering, and cryptography. Duties may range from developing novel solutions to challenging tasks to conducting research in the area of malware and device analysis to building and testing analytic tools. Our goal is to make your internship interesting and rewarding. Regardless of the path you choose, if you have the drive and the passion, we have the place for you.|
|Working at MITRE|
|Some examples of your internship research areas are listed below; however, we will also work with you to understand your own goals and interests:
* Conduct research to understand to identify root causes and possible solutions to cyber security related problems.
• Generate scripts or augment existing cyber analytical tools to obtain relevant data and parse it into necessary export formats.
• Evaluate data, identify relationships, and then develop models to evaluate our assumptions.
• Evaluate open-source cyber analytical tools and document their capabilities.
• Develop agile technical solutions to sponsor or research initiatives.
• Reach-back to MITRE team and Corporation to identify other relevant expertise.
|• Coursework and background in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or related field.
• Ability to interface positively with co-workers at all levels. Must be a self-starter with excellent communications skills and the ability to positively represent MITRE.
• Familiarity with Linux and virtual computing.
• Familiarity with computer forensics, malware analysis, and/or network traffic analysis.
• Working knowledge of TCP/IP and network analysis.
* Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree in the area of Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or related field
* Interest and passion for the field of cybersecurity
|Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree|
|No travel required.|
|Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.|
- #Cyber #Security Today: Jan. 7, 2019 — #iPhone call #scam, Germans #hacked and Android #spyware
- Conference 2019 – BSides Philadelphia – February 1, 2019 – February 1, 2019
- Petulance is no substitute for politics
- Bettering Threat #Intelligence And #Cyber #Security A New Role For $Blockchain?
- #Hacked #Instagram #Influencers Are Relying on Hackers To Regain Their Accounts