Do you desire a patriotic role and the chance to defend our nation’s cyber infrastructure? Do you enjoy learning about new technologies and how they can be used to provide cutting edge services to our customers? If so, then look to join the Cyber Defense Solutions team. The selected applicant will become part of Cyber Defense Solutions’ NEO Horizon program, formerly called United States Computer Emergency Readiness (US-CERT), responsible for analyzing and reducing cyber threats and vulnerabilities, disseminating cyber threat warning information, and coordinating incident response activities. NEO Horizon provides advanced network and digital media analysis expertise and defends against malicious activity targeting networks within the United States and abroad.
The Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst position will be located in Raleigh, NC.
This position will be located in Raleigh, NC.
This position will work with the Cybersecurity Operations Center to identify, analyze, and mitigate threats to the customer’s network.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Selected candidate will collect and analyze event information and perform threat or target analysis duties.
- Provides operations for persistent monitoring on a 24/7 basis of all designated networks, enclaves, and systems.
- Interprets, analyzes, and reports all events and anomalies in accordance with Computer Network directives, including initiating, responding, and reporting discovered events.
- Reviews incident logs/records mining for patterns and correlate with tools, including Splunk
- Manages and executes first-level responses and addresses reported or detected incidents.
- Coordinates with external organizations and authorities to collaborate on investigations, collect IOCs, share intelligence, etc.
- Coordinates and distributes directives, vulnerability, and threat advisories to identified consumers.
- Provides daily summary reports of network events and activities and delivers metric reports.
- Recommend counter measures to malware and other malicious type code and applications that exploit customer communication systems.
- Monitors various sources for threat intelligence on a regular basis.
- Conduct reverse engineering for known and suspected malware files.
- Develop policies and procedures to investigate malware incidents for the entire computer network.
- Assist in the development and delivery of malware security awareness products and briefings.
- Develops models for identifying malicious activity using various tools and statistical analysis.
- Works closely with other teams to investigate and remediate incidents.
Basic Qualifications – To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below. This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below. This requisition may be filled at either a level 3 or 4.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 5 years related technical experience required for the level 3 role.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 9 years related technical experience required for the level 4 role.
- Ability to gain and maintain a Public Trust clearance
- Must be a self-starter and work well in a team environment
Preferred Qualifications – Candidates with these preferred skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Active Top Secret or Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI.
- Existing Public Trust clearance
- CEH, MSCE, CGIA, CCNA, or CISSP Certification.
- Statistical modeling and analysis experience to infer possible cybersecurity threats
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in analysis in investigations, such as with IT, law enforcement, military intelligence, or business analytics
- Pentesting experience
- Experience with Splunk