The Cyber Threat Intelligence External Liaison Manager (ELM) reports directly to the Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI) Director and leads efforts to establish the global strategy and execution of partnerships with peer financial institutions, law enforcement, intelligence community, academia and researchers to facilitate information sharing. The ELM establishes CTI’s global external liaison management strategy, will manage External Liaison staff in EMEA and ASPAC, and serve as an individual contributor to focus on external partners in North America. The External Liaison Manager will work closely with other CTI functional teams including Analysis, Collection Management, Dissemination and Feedback as part of a comprehensive threat intelligence program to protect the firm from threats that could impact brand, reputation, fraud, mobile, social media, internal lines of business and external customers.
The individual should possess a comprehensive understanding of how cyber threats impact business objectives and requires excellent honed communication skills to negotiate internally, often at a senior level.
• Sets the global strategy for external liaison management with the goal of improving information and knowledge pertaining to cyber threats that could impact the firm, including its customers, associates and/or facilities.
• Manage day-to-day operational aspects of CTI External Liaison Team with staff in EMEA and ASPAC; provide leadership and manage staff.
• Organizes, plans, develops and maintains relationships with new and existing external partners.
• Actively engages in liaison activities with regional government intelligence communities, financial Industry Associations, peer financial institutions, colleges and universities, researchers and information sharing communities.
• Facilitates two way information sharing and active collaboration with external partners
• Ensures external partners are aware of the firm’s Standing and Priority Intelligence Requirements
• Facilitates sensitive information sharing with Intelligence Communities and Law Enforcement Agencies.
• Maintain a working knowledge of the broad cyber threat and geopolitical landscape; help drive strategic and tactical priorities globally across the firm.
• Communicate complex topics effectively at all management levels of the organizations and educate and advise internal business and technical leaders regarding cyber threats and possible security solutions.
• Present intelligence reports to internal customers, lines of business, senior leadership and others as needed.
Required Job Skills:
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
• Ability to communicate (verbal and written) with executives and stakeholders in non-technical terms while accurately encompassing risk, impact, likelihood, containment and remediation activities, and threat actor techniques, tactics and procedures.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to handle multiple work efforts in a fast-paced environment and to be able to quickly change direction as needed.
• Strong influencing skills.
• Ability to prioritize conflicting tasks.
• Proven experience with cyber threat intelligence related activities.
• Experience in an operations focused information security role.
• Familiarity with cyber threat landscape, geopolitical issues that could have cyber impacts, security vulnerabilities, exploits, malware, digital forensics, network security vulnerabilities, exploits and attacks.
• Ability to work in a strong team-oriented environment with a sense of urgency and resilience while being a self-starter and able to work independently.
• Ability to work effectively with technical and non-technical business owners.
Desired Job Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher-level education
• Technical or information security certifications are a strong plus.
• 10+ years experience in cyber threat intelligence
• 5+ year managing a team
• 5+ years working in a 24×5 operational environment
• Experience working in a Security Operations or Fusion Center operation
• TS/SCI clearance a plus. Candidate must be able to obtain a top secret security clearance.
Posting Date: 05/11/2017
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: 1st shift