AM Pierce & Associates, Inc. is a woman-owned small business providing Engineering & Research, Cyber, C5ISR, Program & Acquisition Management services and solutions to the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies.
AM Pierce & Associates is in search for multiple candidates (junior- senior levels) who have cyber warfare engineering and computer science technical skills to support military and homeland security needs. Focus is on platform (aircraft) information technology systems. Experience in cyber vulnerability or risk assessments preferred. Certified Ethical Hacker certification also preferred. Position would support NAVAIRSYSCOM or Naval Aviation platforms in assessing systems for vulnerabilities, developing solutions to identified vulnerabilities and support to solution incorporation. Locations are Naval Air Station Patuxent River, MD and the Washington DC Metro Areas.
- Catalog critical design information regarding a system under assessment
- Determine cyber access points and attack surfaces
- Work with intelligence representatives to determine threat capabilities and methods
- Identify most likely and most critical system vulnerabilities and develop recommended actions for protection using processes such as Failure Mode Cause and Effect Analysis (FMCEA)
- Strong verbal and writing skills to clearly and concisely explain status, findings and recommendations
- Ability and willingness to stay current on technical progress and trends in cyber warfare and computer science
- Able to work well with teams of engineers
- Can conduct research and development of novel cyber warfare approaches
The successful candidate will have the minimum education and experience below:
- B.S. degree in math or computer science (M.S. degree preferred)
- 3-5 years of work experience in programming, software design, cyber security or cyber forensics is a plus
- An Active DoD Secret clearance is required
The physical environment requires the employee to work on-site at the government program office, sitting in a cubicle or at a desk, looking at a computer for the majority of the workday. The employee may be required to walk short distances to offices/conference rooms and buildings on site. In some occasions, the employee may be required to drive to offices or buildings near the work site. In rare occasions, travel may be required.
AM Pierce & Associates offers a comprehensive benefits plan that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan, Safe Harbor Plan with Immediate Vesting
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Professional development opportunities
AM Pierce & Associates complies with all Federal and State laws and regulations concerning Affirmative action and workplace equal opportunity; in further detail, AM Pierce & Associates does not discriminate in employment decisions (to include applicants and employees) on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. AM Pierce & Associates takes affirmative action to ensure that equal opportunity is provided in all aspects of employment. AM Pierce & Associates does not take adverse employment actions against applicants and employees for asking about, discussing, or sharing information about their pay or the pay of their co-workers. For more information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, click here.
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance with the application process may call 240-718-3800.