For over three decades, many of the world’s leading firms have relied on Align as a trusted IT solution provider andcenter of excellence in IT advisory, infrastructure design, build, delivery and managed services. We are actively seeking innovative minds to establish and strengthen our team to deliver high-quality state-of-the-art technology solutions for our enterprise and boutique clients.
If you are seeking to own challenging projects under tight schedules for some of today’s most fascinating companies while leveraging an exceptional team and long track record of success, then we want to hear from you today.
Align seeks a Cybersecurity Analyst to work under the guidance of a CISO certified Cybersecurity SME. This role will include engineering, deploying and supporting a wide variety of cybersecurity solutions and products that we resell and provide, in addition to implementing internally. This individual must be passionate about cybersecurity and knowledgeable in the industry and trends. Candidates must be articulate and have the ability to successfully demonstrate the effectiveness of our solutions and delivery capabilities. Key responsibilities for this role will also include working alongside senior engineers and subject matter experts (SME) to evaluate and select assessment tools and other cybersecurity technologies to enhance our security solutions; deliver IT risk and security assessments of client’s applications and infrastructure; understand and mitigate security concerns and IT risks as needed. These duties will require the Cybersecurity Specialist to be on-site assisting with professional services project work and ensuring Align’s managed service business and internal systems are secure.
- The Cybersecurity Analyst will be based out of our New York City office
- Up to 25% travel may be required
- This is a full-time position offering full benefits, a competitive salary, and paid training
- Understand client IT/security infrastructure and business requirements
- Evaluate and assess different security technologies to appropriately expand Align’s Cybersecurity portfolio
- Assist with business solution proposals and sales presentations
- Contribute to thought leadership by helping to author technical white papers and conducting training sessions on new products/technologies to increase the Align knowledgebase
- Ongoing learning and continually staying abreast of relevant industry updates and changes via conferences, training and events
- Work with Align, partner and vendor SMEs to Conduct security technology evaluations, security assessments and security program development
- Engineer security solutions to mitigate risk and provide strategies to improve the security posture of clients and internal environments
- Develop and maintain security tools, techniques and procedures to facilitate security testing, vulnerability detection, validation and mitigation
- Continually improve security posture and provide hands-on cybersecurity support to address IT security issues as needed
- Work closely with our clients and our Align Managed Services team to implement policies and technology to secure information, computer, network and processing systems
- Collect, report and continually enhance security metrics
- Participate in incident response analyses and document findings
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field
- 2-3 years’ experience working in Information Security Operations or Engineering environment.
- Relevant cybersecurity work experience or a relevant hands-on role with presentation-ready knowledge and product expertise in the areas of security testing, security integration and governance, risk and compliance
- Able to contribute to the development of security standards, access controls and compliance requirements based on industry standards and compliance – one or more of the following: ISO27001, NIST, PCI, HIPAA
- Understanding of data security (classification, encryption, DLP)
- Working knowledge of secure network design
- Create, maintain and report metrics that measures effectiveness of security controls
- Currently has or has the ability to obtain industry certification – CISM, CISSP or similar industry recognized certification.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- a Knowledge and experience with IT security technologies including Firewalls, IPS, SIEM, DLP, Gateways, Proxies, Network/Host protection, Application security and Data protection (DLP, Encryption, etc.)
- Able to travel from time to time with limited notice (mostly regional)
- Solutions-oriented with an aptitude for solving problems and acting on own initiative
- Highly motivated with a willingness to learn new technologies and be a hands-on engineer
- Effective communicator with a positive and confident attitude
- Excellent writing skills with the capability to create well-formatted reports and client-facing documentation
- Excellent consultative skills with experience preparing business solution proposals and presenting them to senior executives
- Team player with strong collaboration skills and a flexible approach
Align is a dynamic and flexible place to work, offering professionals unparalleled opportunities to train in the leading technologies, make an impact within the industry and control their own destinies. We have a flawless track record ofdelivering technical solutions and have established long-standing relationships with an impressive client list of both Global 1000 and SMB clients.
We work across a diverse list of industries including financial services, life sciences (pharmaceutical and health care), retail, technology, media and telecommunications. We give our professionals the autonomy to pursue opportunities and manage assignments in ways that maximize their creativity and talents, leading to self-fulfillment and financial rewards.