SAIC is seeking a Cyber Security Analyst Senior to join our team.
The Cyber Security Analyst Senior:
– Designs, tests, and implements secure operating systems, networks, security monitoring, tuning and management of IT security systems and applications, incident response, digital forensics, loss prevention, and eDiscovery actions.
– Conducts risk and vulnerability assessment at the network, system and application level.
– Conducts threat modeling exercises.
– Develops and implements security controls and formulates operational risk mitigations along with assisting in security awareness programs.
– Involved in a wide range of security issues including architectures, firewalls, electronic data traffic, and network access.
– Researches, evaluates and recommends new security tools, techniques, and technologies and introduces them to the enterprise in alignment with IT security strategy. Utilizes COTS/GOTS and custom tools and processes/procedures in order to scan, identify, contain, mitigate and remediate vulnerabilities, and intrusions.
– Assists in the implementation of the required government policy (i.e., NISPOM, DCID 6/3), and makes recommendations on process tailoring.
– Performs analyses to validate established security requirements and to recommend additional security requirements and safeguards.
– Supports the formal Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E) required by each government accrediting authority through pre- test preparations, participation in the tests, analysis of the results, and preparation of required reports.
– Periodically conducts a review of each system’s audits and monitors corrective actions until all actions are closed.
– May support cyber metrics development, maintenance and reporting. May provide briefings to senior staff.
Duties include but are not limited to:
– Vulnerability Identification and Remediation
– Develop and deliver inputs to the planning, execution, and follow-up of Blue Team, Red Team, and other ad hoc vulnerability assessment and/or penetration testing activities.
– Develop and deliver inputs to the analysis and tracking, and report remediation status for vulnerability scans, as well as all audits, assessments and inspections using processes directed by Government (currently the Enterprise Vulnerability Assessment Remediation process).
– Develop and deliver a list of activities for Cyber Security Awareness Month.
– Develop, deliver, maintain and update current documentation on vulnerability management processes and procedures.
– Collect necessary data, develop and deliver a monthly Cyber Vulnerability Metrics Report.
– Develop and deliver a weekly Cyber Heat Map.
– Develop and deliver asset vulnerability views for categories such as mission, cross domain, and location
– Develop updates and maintain the documentation of the heat map process and recommend improvements.
– Develop cyber threat analysis for known threats
– Develop and deliver documentation supporting cyber indications and warnings
– Document and deliver reporting activities related to cyber threat situational awareness and reporting, as well as cyber-related metrics and reporting.
– Document and deliver Government activities and reporting related to tasking and directions received from stakeholders
– Clearance Level Must Possess: TS/Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
– Clearance Level Must be able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
– Bachelor’s degree and tw0 (2) years or more of related experience
– DoD 8570/8140 IAT II Certification (Security+, GSEC, or SSCP)
– Experience with Information Technology Virtualization
– Experience with Cloud IA Technologies
– Experience with Cryptography
– Experience with Public Key Infrastructure o Experience with Network and Host-Based Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems
– Experience with Cyber mission Computer Network Defense of space assets
– Experience with Cyber Defense Techniques
– Operational Readiness, Verification, and Validation Reviews.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
– Masters and three (3) years or more related experience; PhD or (0) years’ experience.
– DoD 8570/8140 IAT III Certification (CISSP, GCIH, CISA, GCED or CISM)
– Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field.
– General knowledge of other related disciplines.
– Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives.
– Provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance.
– Work is reviewed by management to measure whether objectives have been met.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 30, 2016, 10:18:10 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-CHANTILLY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Engineer, Military Intelligence, Security Clearance, Virtualization, Cyber Security, Engineering, Government, Technology, Security