Bowhead seeks experienced Cyber Threat Analysts who are able to work over night or shift work to join our team in Vicksburg, MS. The Cyber Security Analysts will be responsible for monitoring, tracking and reporting relevant events, types and sources to the correct departments. These highly skilled individuals will work in various capacities alongside Computer Network Defense (CND) Incident Responders and Cybersecurity Engineers.
The Cyber Threat Analysts will be responsible for applying technical and functional expertise to collect, normalize and characterize cyber incident and event data to identify anomalous or malicious activity including intrusions, attacks, data loss or other prohibited activities. The Cyber Threat Analysts will analyze and correlate incidents and events that may involve foreign intelligence entities and warn of anticipated hostile attacks against DoD information systems or networks.
Essential functions will include:
• Receive and initial analysis on warning intelligence information and proper sharing of intelligence notifications, notes and reports with customers.
• Identify potential impact to customers by analysis of intelligence reports, forensic reports and reverse engineering of malware reports to determine associated indicators of compromise (IOC’s) and using the IOCs to develop and distribute countermeasures to detect and prevent identified threats.
• Evaluation of IOCs from incidents to determine association with known computer network exploitation (CNE) groups and thoroughly investigate the IOCs for other infrastructure possibly related to the CNE teams (domain registration, IP ownership, VPN infrastructure, strains of malware, etc.) for the possible addition of proactive defensive measures.
• Will assist customers in preventing or mitigating the potential impact of cyber-attacks by developing, distributing and sharing countermeasures that may impact networks and information systems with peer DCO organizations and customers.
• A BS/BA degree in Computer Science or related field is required. Must have a minimum of a CompTIA Security+ certificate to start-will be required to obtain a Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) certificate within 90 days of starting.
• A minimum of five (5) years of Linux and Networking experience, three (3) years’ experience with IDS, IPS and Host Based Security Solutions and two (2) years of experience with malware analysis tools (such as IDA Pro, Cuckoo Sandbox, OllyDbg) is required.
• Must have demonstrable, strong programming skills-specifically in Python and C/C++.
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite – Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
• Ability to communicate effectively, interpret regulatory guidance and identified vulnerabilities to a wide audience. Presentation and strong public speaking skills are required.
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to obtain/maintain an active Secret security clearance and be clearable up to the Top Secret/SCI level though active Secret clearance is highly sought. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Physical Demands: The office environmental conditions consist of computer stations and desks with adequate and adjustable lighting. Chairs are designed to fit the various individuals and the tasks being performed. Ergonomic evaluations are completed as needed, to provide up to date modifications to all work stations.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (http://www.uicalaska.com/contact-us/human-resources/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
^ Link to Apply: https://rn21.ultipro.com/UKP1001/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=18345
UIC and its Family of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC HR for assistance.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)