Location: Based in Harrisburg, PA. They will consider REMOTE candidates for consideration. They MUST be willing to travel to Harrisburg periodically
Duration: 12 months with a chance to go perm.
SECURITY ENGINEER – Level III – Forensics Specialist
Candidate MUST HAVE 10+ years experience in the areas of Security Engineering.
Candidate MUST HAVE ** here**s the bottom line:
- 8-10 years experience with installing, configuring and maintaining IDS systems
- 8-10 years with installing, configuring and maintaining Firewall systems
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP protocol.
- 8-10 years experience with Wireless, VPN, Encryption (PKI), IPS, secure remote access
- 8-10 years experience with Security Penetration, Auditing and forensic analysis
- Experience with Sidewinder Firewalls
- Possess security certifications such as CISSP or GIAC
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Security or a related technical field
- 8-10 years of experience in the field of Information Technology
- 5-8 years of experience in a technical security role in one of the following areas: malware analysis, network security, operating system security, Internet/web security or endpoint security
- Understanding of malicious systems behavior and malware
- The field of computer forensics is the information security branch of law enforcement and is closely related to forensic science and criminal justice work, therefore, most computer forensic analysts work for law enforcement agencies.
- The role of the analyst is to recover data like documents, photos and e-mails from computer hard drives and other data storage devices, such as zip and flash drives, that have been deleted, damaged or otherwise manipulated.
- Analysts often work on cases involving offenses committed on the Internet (‘cyber crime’) and examine computers that may have been involved in other types of crime in order to find evidence of illegal activity.
- As an information security professional, a computer forensic analyst may also use their expertise in a corporate setting to protect computers from infiltration, determine how a computer was broken into or recover lost files.
- Computer forensic analysts use forensic tools and investigative methods to find specific electronic data, including Internet use history, word processing documents, images and other files.
- Use technical skills to hunt for files and information that have been hidden, deleted or lost. They help detectives and other officials analyze data and evaluate its relevance to the case under investigation.
- Analysts also transfer the evidence into a format that can be used for legal purposes (i.e. criminal trials) and often testify in court themselves.
- Some agencies now require their analysts to be certified.
- The International Society of Forensic Computer Examiners (ISFCE) and the International Association of Computer Investigative Specialists (IACIS) both offer a Certified Forensic Computer Examiner (CFCE) certification.
- The IACIS awards the certification to analysts who pass their examination.
- The ISFCE requires completion of Certified Computer Examiner (CCE) Board approved training, professional experience and study as well as passing an exam.
- This certification must be renewed every three years.
- Analysts can also obtain an Advanced Computer System Security, Computer Forensics or Advanced Computer Forensic certification through Cyber Enforcement Resources Incorporated by passing their examination and showing proof of adequate work experience or training.
- This certification does not require renewal.
- Must be a practicing technician with broad inter-disciplinary skills, with capability of bringing to any scale environment a solid background in information security technologies, tools, and competencies, as well as strong analytical proficiencies, knowledge of eBusiness security best practices, and a real-world perspective and application of security technology trends and advances
- Experience should include, the analysis, design, and implementation of industry-standard information security programs on client/server, mid-range, network, and distributed computing environments, development of standards, process, procedure, guidelines, and controls, and extensive experience in regulatory compliance
- An in-depth knowledge of information classification, forensics investigations, incident response and tracking, and risk management and assessment methodologies and programs
- Must have demonstrated experience implementing/deploying security initiatives that require partnership with other IT areas
- Monitoring client networks in the enterprise network environment to identify and prevent unauthorized use from both internal and external sources
- Provide engineering and analysis support for the implementation and maintenance of security architecture components and monitoring software (i.e., firewalls and IDS systems), policy reviews, access log reviews, vulnerability assessments, two-factor authentication servers
- Identify, resolve, and report security violations in a timely fashion to protect and prevent network resources and data from unauthorized users
- Research and stay current on all security technologies, issues, and vulnerabilities, including security vendor**s products; * Incident identification and response.
- This includes correctly identifying and evaluating incidents to determine hoaxes, true incidents, or alerts
- Provide analysis support to the response and execution of computer forensics investigations, ensure the quality of all security deliverables, ensure that all security work complies with current security policies and procedures, and identify areas of integration and improvement of current processes
- Identify projects to enhance the client
- s cyber-security posture and mitigate vulnerabilities and risks in a diverse OS and application environment
- Conduct direct technology evaluations, including tool research and selection, provide consultative and security review services to enterprise projects
- Perform proof of concept testing and validation of network security design
- Perform comprehensive security assessments for all client information systems and advise on mitigating network vulnerabilities
- Perform periodic network penetration testing of all applications and network elements for adherence to client policy
- Analyzing networks to ensure their security against unauthorized use
- Maintaining security event and discovery/detection tools
- Producing reports and generating alerts as necessary
- Responsible for the meeting team achievement goals and objectives.
- Periodically conduct network system security vulnerability/penetration analysis and risk assessments making recommendations to remedy the situation
- Analyze existing network environment including both Local Area Network and Wide Area Network and enhance security measures if needed
- Participate in the design and research of network, security, server farm, and infrastructure architecture changes to meet business needs
System Security Manager Job Duties:
- Accomplishes system security human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions,planning and reviewing compensation actions, enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieves system security operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews, preparing and completing action plans, implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards, resolving problems; completing audits, identifying trends, determining system improvements, implementing change.
- Meets system security financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, initiating corrective actions.
- Protects computer assets by developing security strategies, directing system control development and access management, monitoring, control, and evaluation.
- Establishes system safeguards by directing disaster preparedness development, conducting preparedness tests.
- Develops security awareness by directing development of orientation and training programs, counseling clients.
- Advises senior management by identifying critical security issues, recommending risk-reduction solutions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations, coordinating hardware and software evaluations with vendors.
- Accomplishes system security and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Security Controls Specialist Skills and Qualifications:
- Information Security Policies, Network Security, Change Management, Quality Management, Technical Management, Tracking Budget Expenses, Strategic Planning, Supervision, Decision Making, Problem Solving, Analyzing Information
Essential Job Functions :
- Works independently and dependently within a business/client area and assists at the enterprise level to influence the strategic and technical decisions during all phases of a project (Strategic/Technical).
- Knows relevant issues and considerations in implementing and supporting security programs, controls, processes and practices within an enterprise (Strategic).
- Knows relevant issues and considerations in selecting both technical software and hardware packages and vendors including capabilities, clients who have installed them, and user experiences with them (Technical).
- Recommends, Designs and constructs policies and standards (Strategic).
- Designs and constructs interfaces across platforms (Technical).
- Provides consulting support to projects during the vision and strategy, architecture, and development phases (Methodology).
- Leads both technical and strategic resources in client organization with thought leadership, technical and business acumen and applied experience (Methodology).
- Provides input in identifying issues and considerations for selecting business application packages and vendors (Business).
- Manages client expectations and balances the needs of the company and clients to ensure satisfaction for both (Relationship Management).
- Influences decisions and project direction at the executive level (Relationship Management).
- Provides leadership and work guidance to peers and less experienced personnel (Leadership).
- Communicates in formal presentation settings including medium to large sized groups of key decision makers at the executive level, tailors presentations to needs and interests of the audience. (Communication).
- Grasps key client issues based on fact-gathering activities and develops appropriate analyses and hypotheses (Business).
- Communicates company vision, organizational structure abilities and services in context of client situations (Business).
- Excellent communication skills and polished and confidence in presentation – verbal, written, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Master’s degree in related field or business administration preferred but not required.
- Ten or more years of consulting experience with management and operations strategy.
- One to four years of additional relevant experience in one or more business or industry specialty areas
- Experience working with UNISYS and Industry assessment methodologies
- Experience working with business principles, practices and economics
- Experience working with common best practices, innovations, trends and challenges in the industry.
Program Specified Qualifications:
- Masters Degree in Information Systems or Information Security or C|CISO desired.
- Six or more years of consulting experience with technical architecture analysis and design as well as executive level business strategy.
- CISSP and/or CISM certifications required.
- Experience with ISO27000.
- Experience delivering Strategic Security assessments.
- Experience working with UNISYS and equivalent industry assessment methodologies.
- Experience working with the client’s enterprise products, services, and strategies.
- Experience working with at least two technical platforms and associated integration techniques.
- Two to five years of additional relevant experience in one or more business or technical specialty areas – network, infrastructure, distributed systems, applications, etc.
- Good technical infrastructure performance modeling and benchmarking skills.
- Motivated self-starter with self-sufficiency in navigating internal process/requirements.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to deal with and resolve ambiguity.
- Ability to anticipate problems and take decisive action, giving regard to the impact on both the client and the company.
- Ability to adjust personal style to different situations.
- Willingness to travel as required based on client and/or Unisys needs and requirements.