W R Systems, Ltd. has a potential need for a Cybersecurity Engineer to pursue an exciting new opportunity supporting government efforts to develop cutting edge technology in vital cybersecurity measures.
Position responsibilities to include, but are not limited to the following:
- The development of Systems Engineering services that focus on the cybersecurity domain to ensure systems are designed and deployed with full consideration of cybersecurity high-level guidance and policy, best practices, and state-of-the-art technology.
- Assist in the development of system Program Protection Plans (PPP) to ensure that technology, components, and information are adequately protected throughout the acquisition process during design, development, delivery and sustainment.
- Implement cybersecurity best practices per the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) for all aspects of system architecture in the accreditation boundary including operating systems (OS) and network interconnects.
- Perform security reviews, identify gaps in security architecture, and develop security risk management plans.
- Ensure cybersecurity solutions balance system performance, cost, schedule, and risk.
Candidates must possess the following experience and skills:
- Three years of full-time professional experience in Cybersecurity Engineering, Information Assurance, vulnerability analysis, risk remediation, and the implementation of cybersecurity controls within DoD systems.
- Possess an in-depth understanding of computer security, military system specifications, DoD cybersecurity policies, and the ability to communicate clearly and succinctly in written and oral presentations.
- Possess an in-depth understanding of the DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP), Risk Management Framework (RMF), Platform IT (PIT), and the implementation of Cybersecurity and IA boundary defense techniques and various IA-enabled appliances. Examples of these appliances and applications are Firewalls, IDS, IPS, Switch/Routers, Cross Domain Solutions (CDS), Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) and Host Based Security Systems (HBSS).
- Cybersecurity Engineering, Test and Evaluation, and Analysis applications and tools, such as Core Impact, Metasploit, Splunk, Wireshark, ACAS (Assured Compliance Assessment Solution, NMAP (Network Mapper).
- A DoD recognized Information Assurance Technical (IAT) or Information Assurance Management (IAM) Certification:
- CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker)
- GPEN (GIAC Certified Penetration Tester)
- CISP (Certified Information Security Manager)
- GCIH (GIAC Certified Incident Handler)
- CISM (Certified information Security Manager)
- CISA (Certified Information System Auditor)
- SSCP (Systems Security Certified Practitioner)
- Offensive Security Certified Professional
The ideal candidate will have experience in information assurance, computer system certification and accreditation, information system vulnerability management, information security and security engineering, information system architecture development, cybersecurity engineering and cybersecurity research and development. Desire to have experience utilizing automated systems, including personal computers/workstations and basic software applications such as word processors, spreadsheets, graphics/presentation packages, databases, and e-mail.
Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret to Top Secret Security Clearance.
*This position is contingent upon contract and task order award*
The selected candidate will support the organization’s mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: high standard of quality in conduct and performance; determination to achieve excellence; ownership; accountability; competence; collaboration; innovation; focus; drive; enthusiasm; mutual trust and respect; dedication; loyalty; and good citizenship.
W R Systems, Ltd. has a proven track record of high employee retention. We have been providing engineering, science and systems innovations, support and solutions to Public and Private sector since 1983. We encourage individual growth and provide a flexible work schedule with competitive benefit package. We acknowledge individual and group achievements through awards, bonuses, and various other formal and informal methods.
W R Systems, Ltd., is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any additional factors that are protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action / Minority / Female / Vet / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Job LocationNorfolk, Virginia, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular