The Cybersecurity Incident Response Handler is responsible for the response to security incidents, threats and vulnerabilities. Within the Global Threat Management & Response organization, this role requires the ability to analyze event logs, computer artifacts, and other data sources to contain and resolve incidents or events, provide recommendations for remediation and determine the root cause.
- Identify, respond, and mitigate sophisticated threats to PepsiCo computer networks
- Conduct incident response activities, including advanced investigation (forensic, malware analyses, root cause analysis etc.) to investigate potential intrusions and develop remediation guidance
- Perform the activities necessary for the immediate, short-term rapid resolution of incidents to minimize risk exposure and production down-time
- Maintain a professional communicative relationship with clients and management to provide information throughout the incident, problem, and change management cycles
- Coordinate and drive efforts among multiple business units during response activities and post-mortem
- Proactive monitoring of internal and external-facing environment using specialized security applications
- Provide timely, comprehensive and accurate information to Incident Response Manager in both written and verbal communications
- Develop the requisite expertise, knowledge, and ability to perform independently through mentorship; mentor and share expertise with junior staff
- Proactively research and monitor security-related information sources to aid in the identification of threats to PepsiCo’s networks, systems and intellectual property
- Lead and mentor other staff members on incident response, analysis and tools
- Routinely develop and update incident response playbooks to ensure response activities align with best practices, minimize gaps in response and provide comprehensive mitigation of threats.
- Participate in after hours on-call rotation when required
- 5+ years of work experience in information security, especially in an Information operations / incident role
- Bachelor or master degree in Information Technology, related discipline or relevant work experience
- Relevant technical security certifications (GIAC, OSCP, EC-Council, ISC-2 etc.); optional as well security architecture/management certifications (ISACA, etc.)
- Hands-on troubleshooting, analysis, and technical expertise to resolve incidents and service requests; previous experience in troubleshooting day-to-day operational processes such as security monitoring, data correlation, security operations etc.
- Proven experience performing analysis of security events and incidents, to determine root cause and provide resolution; working experience against advanced persistent threats is well seen;
- Strong working knowledge of at least three of the following security tools: host-based antivirus, anti-spam gateway solutions, firewalls, IDS/IPS, server and network device hardening, data loss prevention, forensics software, vulnerability management, website security;
- Competence in using both internal and external ticketing systems for ITIL-based incident, problem and change management.
Soft and organizational skills:
- Solid customer orientation with excellent oral and written communication skills
- A team-focused mentality with the proven ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders
- An ability to effectively influence others to modify their opinions, plans, or behaviors
- Proactive attitude, seeking for improvement opportunities which can positively impact the security posture and the business
- An ability to work extremely well under pressure while maintaining a professional image and approach
- Decision-making capabilities, with an ability to weigh the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and identify the most appropriate one
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.