The Orchard, a division of Sony Music, is an independent music and film distribution company distributing music from artists such as Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings, Butch Walker, and Slayer as well as films like Academy Award-nominated Cartel Land, Hunt For The Wilderpeople and Christine. With our industry-leading technology and operations, we partner with companies of all sizes to make their music, films and videos available across hundreds of digital outlets around the world, and physical retailers too. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
The Orchard is looking for a Cybersecurity Intern to join our NYC (East Village) Technology team.
You will learn from a team working to achieve the goals of our Information Security governance program. This team is responsible for policy and technical documentation which will help shape the way the Orchard secures its systems. The ideal candidate will show an interest in compliance and will complete project work in this area. You will learn what life is like in a small cybersecurity team and get exposure to all levels of the organization.
- Gather and organize detailed IT policy, procedures, and standards information with our engineers, systems personnel and architects.
- Document existing information security policies, processes, and technical controls through interviews, documentation reviews, and comprehensive technical assessments.
- Learn about and contribute to establishing new standards around Information Security and documentation of those standards
- Participate in forming information security strategies, policies, and procedures to ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability of The Orchard’s systems.
- Working towards completion of a degree in the area of Computer Science, Information Security, or Cybersecurity.
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Ability to receive college credit required.
- Experience with information security policy, audits, compliance, governance, or risk management.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.