Comtech is a woman-owned small business founded in 1998 and headquartered in Reston, VA. We offer IT solutions across the disciplines of program/project management, applications development, infrastructure, Cyber security, and enterprise content/data management services. We have developed our methodologies and processes based on the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) v.3 Framework across enterprise infrastructure operations. These methodologies and processes are reinforced through our organization’s externally accredited certifications, which include ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System (QMS), ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 IT Service Management Systems (SMS, corporate ITIL certification), ISO 27001:2005 Information Security Management System (ISMS), and CMMI-DEV Level 3″
- Brief statement about project type and how role supports The Security Operations Specialist will be responsible for operating and maintaining security tools such as McAfee ePO, Nessus Security Manager, and Splunk Enterprise for the Clients Office of Information Security team.
- Technical Skills
- Mandatory AWS Cloud Security Proficient
- Security Operations Proficient
- The Security Operations Specialist will be responsible for operating and maintaining security tools such as McAfee ePO, Nessus Security Manager, and Splunk Enterprise.
- Security responsibilities: Running and analyzing vulnerability and SCAP compliance scans to support continuous monitoring reporting and vulnerability management. The Security Operations Specialist will work with the Clients Office of Information Security team and stakeholders to monitor the effectiveness of implemented security controls review and monitor Splunk dashboards to detect security alerts, and provide incident response reporting.
- Additional responsibilities may include using our security configuration management tools to identify risks and track findings against Federal security policies and guidelines for mitigation planning and remediation. The contractor may be required to support the security configuration management processes for modifications to current or implementation of new security solutions in the Cloud environment.