We are seeking Junior Data Analyst to support a critical project for our Fortune 100 client. You will be a core team member and critical change agent in transforming and improving data operations” within the Finance Transformation organization.
As an analyst in a high profile, high-performance, fast-paced team, this role provides great perspective and exposure playing a significant role in enabling Finance Transformation. The successful candidate is a data expert “who lives and breaths” in a data centric world. They are curious about understanding data flows and are a natural problem solver of complex issues. They’ll be living in a world where they’ll not only be required to think “big picture” about preventing long-term data issues (global streamlined data creation), but they’ll need to be “hands-on” in driving data analysis and resolution existing data integrity issues (extremely large data sets – millions of records)
Ideal candidates will be MBA interns, recent college grads or undergrads with focus in data sciences, statistical analysis, big data, mathematics, and/or business. This position is a full-time role, initially setup as a 3+ month engagement with long-term potential in Mountain View, CA. You will be working for iTalent and we offer our employees excellent benefits such as medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401K + matching. We are a great company to work for!
Interested Candidates should submit a cover letter to email@example.com and answer the following question:
What is the most difficult thing you have ever accomplished? Break down the steps and process, approach including the highs and lows.
· Analyze complex data issues across key systems including Oracle (Quote to Cash/Order to Cash) & SFDC (Opportunity Management, Provisioning, Service Entitlement)
· Develop Financial reports
· Conduct data forensics
· Manage data cleansing projects
· Define, develop and drive activities to extract adhoc reports from key systems
· Organize data dictionaries and support with standardization effots
· Drive root cause analysis – cause, magnitude, impact, severity
· Collaborate across cross-functional teams to turn the proposal into plan into action
· Experience in data analysis, data management projects
· High energy, strong analytical thinker with analytical background.
· Strengths include creative & critical thinker and process oriented expert with ability to analyze customer, party data.
· Excellent Excel skills – pivot tables, vlookups, defining complex formulas
· Microsoft Visual Basic (VB) scripting is a major advantage
· Ability to navigate & operate through ambiguity
· Experience & proven ability in analyzing large complex issues
· Ability to work in fast-paced, dynamic environment
· Excellent communicator – Credible, articulate and authoritative and proven ability to influence at all levels of the organization.
· General familiarity with Business and Finance is preferred
· Ability to prioritize deadlines in a fast-paced environment
· Added plus: Ability to present research, analysis, in compelling/creative way
· BA (Finance, Information Systems) or BS required, MBA preferred