At Amazon, we are excited to offer veterans the opportunity to launch into big post-military careers with limitless possibilities. We know that transitioning from the Armed Forces can be a stressful and sometimes daunting task. Studies show that veterans leave their first post-transition jobs at higher rates than their civilian counterparts. As such, searching for that post-transition role is as much about finding a company where you can picture yourself being successful as it is about finding the right role. As we get to know you more, we invite you to get to know us better.
Visit www.amazon.com/about to:
- Learn more about our businesses through Press Releases on our Investor Relations site, through Jeff’s 2015 Shareholder Letter, and the first letter shared in 1997, which is included in our annual report each year.
- Learn more about Amazonians and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Learn more about our commitment to our communities, diversity and military veterans.
- Learn more about our headquarters in Seattle as well as global opportunities
This posted job is for transitioning military service members, veterans, and military spouses.
As a Data Center Security Lead you will be tasked with driving operational security excellence in several separate facilities located within a short driving distance. Your constant vigilance will discover physical security gaps and shortcomings which you will drive to fix immediately. You will interface and direct vendors involved in new security construction, repairs, daily security operations and patrols, and planning. You will extract metrics and observe improvements by looking at hard data. You will make suggestions on improving electronic surveillance and access controls. You will direct efforts to educate data center occupants on false alarm reductions. You will write and implement security process and procedures. Your position will require you to write reports, create presentations and communicate with management on the status of physical security operations.
- Positions available in VA,WA,OH,CA,OR
- 4 to 7 years overseeing security operations and personnel
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Well versed in the use of Microsoft Office tools
- Must be able to travel between local locations
- Experience in security patrolling and reporting
- Experience in dealing with security vendors and contractors
- Experience in running meetings in a focused way
- Ability to influence others in helping you achieve your security excellence goals
- This role is for transitioning military/veteran/military spouse
- Experience in access control and video surveillance software applications (eg. LENEL or C-cure)
- Ability to walk a facility and observe security gaps in physical barriers, security officer procedure, policies, surveillance equipment, and alarm points
- Drive campaigns to reduce nuisance alarms
- Experience with workflow ticketing and extraction of performance metrics
- Investigate accidents, thefts, disturbances, discrepancies
- Ability to write detailed reports
- Oversee physical security sub contractors that provide guards, electronic security systems, door construction, door repair, fencing, and access controls
- Distill overarching security strategy into daily tactics to reach management goals
- Oversee security construction projects
- Teach others the proper security processes and methods
- Military or government security experience a big plus
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.