Job Title: Data Entry
Job Code : SY:12
MedGlobal is a global humanitarian non-profit organization providing medical and health education services to people in need, including refugees and displaced persons, in disaster and underserved regions. The organization is composed of medical and public health professionals of diverse backgrounds.
Please explain the purpose and/or role in full detail.
CODE OF CONDUCT
MedGlobal Code of Conduct reflects the profession’s core set of beliefs and values of care, respect, trust, and integrity. These beliefs and values are fundamental to MedGlobal employees, volunteers, interns, consultants, officers’ coordinators, and directors to guide their practice and conduct.
The Code is organized into categories, as follows:
- Always act with fairness, honesty, integrity, and openness; respect the opinions of others and treat all with equality and dignity without regard to gender, race, colour, creed, ancestry, place of origin, political beliefs, religion, marital status, disability, age, or sexual orientation.
- Provide a positive and valued experience for those receiving service within and outside MedGlobal.
The data entry has the following responsibilities and duties:
- Under the direct supervision of the program Manager and technical supervision of the M&E Officer, to ensure that all data and information collection processes of beneficiaries are carried out correctly and completely, to compile the data required, to carry out monitoring and evaluation processes, and to prepare and submit them to the MEAL Officer in accordance with the time schedule.
- To check all forms for the collection of necessary information in accordance with the expectations of the funding organization, and to store them in accordance with the principles of data privacy.
- To regularly add beneficiaries and account data by entering text-based and numerical information in source documents into the required database within the time frame.
- Regularly report to M&E Officer.
- To examine data for deficiencies or errors, correct mismatches, and check outputs.
- Compile, enter and update information into relevant databases (Excel and KoBo toolbox).
- To research missing documents and learn more about them.
- Store hard copies of data in an organized manner to optimize retrieval.
- To monitor the closure of case information/files, and keep the files in an organized and tidy manner.
- To comply with data integrity and security policies, and provide feedback/updates for the entire team.
- To install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications when necessary.
- To act in accordance with the privacy of the beneficiary, and to support the other team members to comply with the same sensitivities, especially regarding child safety.
- To participate in all trainings and orientation meetings that may sometimes be held during the weekends.
- To fulfill the ad hoc tasks that may be delegated by the Program Manager and MEAL Officer and to work within the general needs of the Project.
- To ensure that the project runs in a healthy manner in cooperation with all personnel; to avoid any kind of behavior and attitude in which the beneficiaries and personnel may be physically or psychologically damaged.
Requirements and Skills:
Data entry should have the following skills, education, and experience:
- University degree in Computer Science.
- Minimum 2 years-experience of working in data and database management.
- Excellent Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Kobo, Power BI and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in data collection, storage, and analysis.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Good understanding of key principles of international NGOs including accountability, impartiality, neutrality, independence, cooperation, and intercultural understanding
- High flexibility, with ability to work under pressure and minimal supervision.
How to apply
Interested candidates may apply through the above link:
The applications will be reviewed and candidates will be selected irrespective of the expiration of the application period.