As the Data Network Specialist you will participate as a member of the workgroup responsible for the statewide transport network service delivery. Support operations of the statewide multiple protocol transport network (voice, video and data) by independently performing network traffic analysis, problem determination, and implementation of local area, wide area, and long haul data networks. Work with WAN designers, the Operational Support System (OSS) and the Circuit Design Records (CDR’s) to coordinate the provisioning of WAN resources and vendor circuits to meet customer agencies’ service objectives.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Create modify and analyze configurations for data, voice and video networks using highly complex protocols and solutions such as BGP, EIGRP,OSPF and MPLS.
- Participate in state wide network projects.
- Direct and coordinate system testing and other testing depending on system complexity, risk and impact.
- Act as a liaison for receiving and analyzing requests for LAN, WAN, and long haul data networks; coordinates and directs implementation of network facilities with multiple vendors, external and internal customers.
- Coordinate and direct multiple divisional teams and vendors with steps necessary to facilitate the corrective action to solve highly complex, multi-network issues within the state networks.
- 4 years of recent Information Technology including 3 years of Cisco routing and switching or CCNA Certification
- 3 years of experience working with LAN/WAN Data network
- 3 years of experience working with digital circuits
*Experience needs to be within the last 5 years.
- Fiber Optics.
- Central Office products such as Centrex, VoIP, and/or data networks.
- Data networks including IP addressing, network protocols and/or security concepts.
- Ethernet Circuits including analyzing, installing and maintaining.
- Installing or troubleshooting LAN/WAN cabling and equipment.
- Configuring VLANS or VRF’s in a LAN/WAN environment.
How to Apply:
Applications for this recruitment will only be accepted electronically. Please select the large apply button at the top of this announcement for instructions. You may need to create a profile and account in Washington State’s automated tracking system, NeoGov. To be considered for this position you will need to answer any supplemental questions. As part of these questions you will need to provide a letter of interest and resume. Your letter of interest should clearly explain how your experience, training, and education make you a viable and competitive candidate for this position. This recruitment may be used to fill multiple positions. The incumbent in this position will be required pass a Washington State Patrol (WSP) criminal background check and meet all standards set by the WSP based on changes in technology and/or service delivery needs.
First round of application assessments can be conducted seven days after the initial job posting date. The hiring authority reserves the right to offer the position at any time during the recruitment process. It is to the applicant’s advantage to apply as early as possible.
This position is covered by a union security provision. Therefore, as a condition of employment, candidates who are appointed are required to become members of the Washington Federation of State Employees, or pay other representational fees within the first 30 days of employment.
Contact us: For inquiries about this position, please contact Wendy Brand at (360) 407-8799 or email to Wendy.Brand@watech.wa.gov.
WaTech is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and equal access in a non-discriminatory manner to its programs and services for all persons without regard to race, creed, color, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, national origin, political affiliation, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or the presence of any real or perceived sensory, mental, or physical disability.
Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or for an alternative format may contact the recruiter Wendy Brand at (360) 407-8799 or Wendy.email@example.com. Persons of disability or those who are deaf or hard of hearing can call the Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388. WaTech complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the federal Form I-9. The selected candidate must be able to provide proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States consistent with the requirements of that form on the first day of employment.
- $57,144.00 – $74,964.00 Annually$57,144.00 – $74,964.00 Annually
- Thurston County – Olympia, WAThurston County – Olympia, WA
- Job Type
- Full Time – Permanent
- Washington Technology Solutions