For the first time, New York Magazine talent joins the annual three-day event that brings unscripted conversations, live podcasts, custom experiences, Eater-recommended food and drink, and more to Austin
The first slate of programming includes Kara Swisher with Deepak Chopra, Stella Bugbee with Tyra Banks, and a live edition of the award-winning Pivot podcast with Swisher and Scott GallowayThe Deep End by Vox Media | SXSW 2019
Vox Media is pleased to announce our return to SXSW to host the third annual The Deep End by Vox Media from Friday, March 13, through Sunday, March 15, appearing for the first time with talent and franchises from New York Magazine. SXSW attendees can join Vox, New York Magazine, Recode, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street and The Strategist for unscripted conversations with notable guests, live podcasts from the Vox Media Podcast Network, musical spotlights, and food and drink from Eaters favorite restaurants. The event includes curated brand experiences from our premier sponsors Aloft Hotel and Mailchimp and supporting sponsors Doha Debates and Seedlip.
The Deep End is open to all SXSW badge holders: Reserve your spot.
The Deep End by Vox Media will take over The Belmont on Austins historic 6th Street March 13 through March 15 from 11:30 am to 5:00 pm. 2020 programming includes:
- Recode Decode Live: Host Kara Swisher, Recode co-founder and editor-at-large, is joined by special guest Deepak Chopra, author of Metahuman and creator of Digital Deepak.
- How I Get It Done: Stella Bugbee, editor-in-chief of The Cut, sits down with Tyra Banks, entrepreneur and founder of ModelLand, for the series that celebrates how successful women get it all done; presented by Mailchimp.
- Pivot Live: Co-hosts Kara Swisher and Scott Galloway, marketing professor at NYU, bring their bold predictions and banter to a discussion of the biggest stories in tech, business, and politics.
- The Weeds Live: The Weeds live: Voxs Ezra Klein, editor-at-large and co-founder; Matt Yglesias, senior correspondent and co-founder; and Jane Coaston, senior politics reporter, dive into important policy issues that shape our lives.
- The Vergecast Live: The Verges flagship podcast will tackle the weeks tech news with co-hosts Nilay Patel, editor-in-chief; Casey Newton, Silicon Valley editor; Ashley Carman, reporter; and Dieter Bohn, executive editor.
- Shutdown Fullcast Live: SB Nations Spencer Hall, editor-at-large; Jason Kirk, college football editor; Ryan Nanni, Banner Society editor-in-chief, and Holly Anderson, Executive Editor at Banner Society; celebrate the absurdity of college football for a live podcast.
- In conversation: Jerry Saltz, New York Magazines Pulitzer Prizewinning art critic, and New York Magazine editor-in-chief David Haskell discuss Saltzs life and work.
- Reset Live: Voxs Arielle Duhaime-Ross hosts a special live edition of her podcast about how technology changes everything.
- The Polygon Arcade: A collection of iconic and nostalgic video games, alongside Polygon editors favorite multiplayer games.
For the past two years, The Deep End by Vox Media has hosted 7,000+ guests annually for newsmaking conversations and experiences that drive curiosity. This has included hosting people who are shaping the future of politics, technology, food, culture, and sports: Pete Buttigieg, Julián Castro, Wendy Davis, Mark Cuban, Craig Newmark, José Andrés, Esther Perel, Melinda Gates, Valerie Jarrett, Bill Simmons, Lizzo, and Emily King.
In addition to The Deep End, Vox Media talent will join the SXSW official stages. SXSW badge holders can sign up to see featured speaker Jerry Saltz, senior art critic for New York Magazine, present on How to Be an Artist, Or at Least Live Life More Creatively, and panelists including The Verges Casey Newton, Dani Deahl, and Loren Grush; Curbeds Alissa Walker and Patrick Sisson; and Voxs Kainaz Amaria.
Theres much more to come from The Deep End by Vox Media: Check back at voxmediaevents.com/sxsw for regularly updated programming news and to reserve your spot!
( Press Release Image: https://photos.webwire.com/prmedia/7/254157/254157-1.jpg )
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.