JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
Cybersecurity’s purpose is to ensure the security and resiliency of the Firm’s computing environment, protect customer and employee confidential information, and comply with regulatory requirements globally. We accomplish this through strong information security leadership and active collaboration with line of business information risk managers to provide high quality security solutions and services that are focused on improving the Firm’s risk posture. The Cybersecurity team is composed of firmwide functions (IT Risk Management, Infrastructure Security Solutions, Identity & Access Management, and Application security) as well as business-aligned risk & resiliency management teams that affect the technology risk program
The Cyber Security Red Team Operator – Developer Specialization is tasked with identifying advanced cyber security threats targeting the firm and developing code to validate the ability to exploit vulnerabilities discovered. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in conducting network exploitation operations, to include Cyber Red Team operations. Candidate will have demonstrated ability to develop software solutions to further the Red Team mission. Additionally, candidate will have proven experience with in-depth technical analysis of computer networks culminating in the identification of existing and potential vulnerabilities that if exploited would allow unauthorized access to JPMC systems. Develop tools necessary to exploit common vulnerabilities in software and hardware implementations including exploit code, rootkits, and other necessary offensive tools.
- Overall 3+ years of Information Security experience with one of the following:
- At least 2 years’ experience performing software development with a concentration on offensive security (Red Team/penetration testing)
- At least 2 years’ experience performing network penetration testing
- At least 1 years’ experience performing application security assessments
- At least 2 years’ experience with Cyber Red Team operations
- At least 2 years’ experience performing network exploitation operations.
- In-depth knowledge of software exploitation (web, client-server and mobile) on modern operation systems. Familiarization with XSS, SSJS, filter bypassing, etc.
- Ability to develop tools necessary to exploit common vulnerabilities in software and hardware implementations. This should include exploit code, rootkits and other necessary offensive tools.
- Ability to program in C, C++, C#, Objective C, Python, Java, PHP and ASM (x86)
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals (all OSI layers)
- Knowledge of the Windows and *NIX operating systems to include boot process through understanding of the execution flow of boot time processes
- Must have the ability to perform targeted penetration tests without use of automated tools
- Familiarity with interpreting log output from networking devices, operating systems and infrastructure services
- Familiarity with common reconnaissance, exploitation, and post exploitation frameworks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Cyber Security or other technology related fields a major plus
- Knowledge of malware packing and obfuscation techniques
- Ability to automate tasks using a scripting language (Python, Perl, Ruby, etc).
- Strong knowledge of networking protocols and packet analysis
- Well versed in multiple security technologies such as Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Web Proxies and DLP amongst others
- Demonstrated understanding of financial sector, or other large organization, security and IT infrastructures
- U.S. Intelligence Community background highly preferred.
- Able to work either independently or in a team
- The ability to coordinate, work with and gain the trust of business stakeholders to achieve a desired objective.
- Able to articulate and visually present complex forensic investigation and analysis results.
- Able to work under pressure in time critical situations.
- Strong attention to detail in conducting analysis combined with an ability to accurately record full documentation in support of their work.
- Detailed knowledge of current international best practices in privacy.
- Software Development Lifecycle management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with business representatives in explaining forensic findings clearly and where necessary, in layman’s terms.