AlixPartners, a top tier-consulting firm, is seeking candidates for our team of highly successful analytics consultants. If you have a passion for “wowing” business leaders with exceedingly progressive analytics techniques, working with managers who “get” the work you are doing and support your efforts fully, consistently jumping into new projects focused on innovation rather than “minding the lever” of past projects, working alongside a highly professional and astute team with IT Infrastructure and Predictive Analytic Modeler support that’s lightning fast to jump to your aid, then AlixPartners is the place for you.
Our Applied Analytics experts work within integrated teams from enterprise improvement to turnaround and restructuring; meaning the jobs we do cover the gamut of every layer of business. Along with this, our seasoned professionals are recognized as experts in their respective fields, leveraging their skills and experience to create measurably improved outcomes for our clients. In this challenging role, you will be responsible for using your new-age analytics skillset to drive both revenue and cost improvements for your clients in ‘high stakes’ situations.
Specifically, in your role as an Applied Analytics Consultant at AlixPartners, you will help Client organizations tackle their complex business problems with an analytical, data-driven approach. You will gain exposure to diverse set of industries, clients, and project roles. You will help define the business objectives, conduct client interviews, assess performance and effectiveness, and design analysis and/or build predictive and prescriptive models and be challenged to then present the business case for the value of these models to your client. Some examples of past work include predicting store performance for retailers, customer retention for telecoms, cross-selling opportunities for banks, hotel occupancy for the hospitality industry, Sales and Marketing Effectiveness for Technology companies. I hope that this sounds like the work environment you are looking for.
This position can be located in Boston, New York, Dallas, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco or London.
Business Management Consulting
- Conduct Client interviews to assess current stake of organizational and operational performance
- Help formulate hypotheses of potential issues and root-causes
- Conduct analytical or qualitative analysis to support or disprove hypotheses
- Project management and tracking tasks
- Build presentations and client-ready deliverables
- Present findings and key insights to Client Management
- Develop project work and help client implementation
- Manipulate and analyze data from a wide variety of corporate databases, including various SQL databases, Access, Excel, plain or formatted text files, Oracle, and no-SQL databases.
- Understanding of the benefits of data warehousing, data architecture, data quality processes, data warehousing design and implementation, table structure, fact and dimension tables, logical and physical database design, data modeling, reporting process metadata, and ETL processes
- Parse data out of poorly structured XML and invalid HTML documents
- Use regular expressions to extract information from un-structured text documents
- Deal with missing data through multiple-imputation or the use of advanced models
- Automate repetitive tasks with scripts
- Manipulate and aggregate data to extract key business insights
- Design and develop data cleansing routines utilizing typical data quality functions involving standardization, transformation, rationalization, linking and matching
- Tell a convincing story to C-level executives
- Present complicated technical findings to a non-technical audience
- Design and implement reporting and visualization for unstructured and structured data sets.
- Apply tools such as Tableau, Spotfire, or Qlikview
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, engineering, statistics, economics, computer science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-5 years of directly related experience
- Knowledge of data, master data and metadata related standards, processes and technology
- Strongly motivated to be a player in a team which is constantly working to improve themselves through discovering new analytics techniques and software tools to improve the quality of our work
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, SQL
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Adaptability and the capability of multi-tasking and strong time management.
- Thrive in a fast‐paced, entrepreneurial environment comprised of high achievers and high client expectations.
- Ability to work in a team environment and dynamically align to changing business conditions.
- Ability and willingness to travel 80%
AlixPartners is a global firm of senior business and consulting professionals that specializes in improving corporate financial and operational performance, executing corporate turnarounds and providing litigation consulting and forensic accounting services when it really matters – in urgent, high-impact situations. More information is available at www.alixpartners.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as a disabled individual. AlixPartners is a proud Bronze award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.