The GuidePoint Security DFIR leadership team emphasizes “out of the box” thinking and methodology. For a DFIR team to be static in a continually changing and evolving market will eventually lead to their ruin. GuidePoint Security DFIR teams always look for the added advantage of an innovative (new) technology or incorporating a new tradecraft that gives us the edge. If you love advanced “out of the box” thinking. If you are frustrated with stoic methodologies and static industry tradecrafts and if you have a passion to Cyberhunt for the malicious activity then you have a position waiting for you on the GuidePoint DFIR Team.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Ability to effectively build written communications that accurately describe your work product, technologies and tradecrafts to an executive audience
- The ability work independently while possessing the necessary technical qualities to communicate technical concepts effectively to non-technical customers
- Performs a variety of highly technical analyses and procedures dealing with the collection, processing, preservation, analysis, while maintaining the evidentiary purity of computer-related evidence
- You may also be responsible for conducting “short notice” Cyber-hunting for malicious users, activities and/or processes/connections.
- Recovers information and electronic data from computer hard drives and other digital data storage devices, such as zip and flash drives that have been deleted, damaged or otherwise manipulated.
- Utilizes cyber forensic tools (e.g., CyFIR, Autopsy, EnCase, Forensic Toolkit, Autopsy/Sleuthkit) and investigative methods to find electronic data, including Internet use history, word processing documents, images and other files.
- When required assists law enforcement officers in helping to solve cyber crimes or find electronic evidence of other kinds of crime.
Education and Other Requirements:
- Minimum of 3 years related technical and/or cybersecurity experience required; prefer candidate to have college degree.
- Familiarity with the following tools: EnCase, DumpIT, Volatility, Forensic Toolkit, Autopsy/Sleuthkit, sandbox technologies
- Knowledge of investigative methods to locate specific electronic data. Proficiency in the latest cyber forensics, response, and reverse engineering skills and understanding of the latest exploit methodologies.
- Preferred: One or more forensics certification(s) in EnCE, CCE, CFCE, and/or GCFA.
- Must be able to travel frequently and on short notice
- Must be eligible to work indefinitely in the US
GuidePoint Security is a rapidly growing, profitable, privately-held value added reseller that focuses exclusively on Information Security. Since its inception in 2011, GuidePoint has grown to over 200 employees, established strategic partnerships with leading security vendors, and serves as a trusted advisor to more than 1,000 clients.
Firmly-defined core values drive all aspects of the business, which have been paramount to the company’s success and establishment of an enjoyable workplace atmosphere. At GuidePoint, your colleagues are knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced and will seek to collaborate and provide mentorship and guidance at every opportunity.
This is a unique and rare opportunity to grow your career along with the one of the fastest growing companies in the nation.
Some added perks….
- MacBook Air or Pro
- Healthy mobile phone and home internet allowance
- 100% employer-paid medical and dental with generous employer family contributions
- Eligibility for retirement plan after 6 months at open enrollment
Equal Opportunity Employer
GuidePoint Security, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.