- Demonstrated experience in the field of digital media forensics
- Understanding of computer file systems
- In-depth experience with file system forensics
- In-depth experience with registry analysis
- In-depth experience with Internet history analysis
- Understanding of steganography and encryption detection and analysis
- Understanding of managing complex large data set analysis
- In-depth experience with timeline analysis
- Experience with forensic media imaging
- In-depth experience with email analysis
- In-depth experience with signature and hash analysis
- Demonstrated experience with forensics tools such as EnCase, Forensic Toolkit, and Xways.
- Strong documentation and written communication skills with technical report writing experience
Industry standard certification(s) such as: CFCE, EnCE, ACE, GIAC, DoD
- Forensic tool and script development
- Programming experience
- Law enforcement investigation experience and understanding of search and seizure
Bachelor’s degree in a related specialized area or field or the equivalent is required plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master’s degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
Department of Defense TS/SCI security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Digital Forensics Examiner. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Provides forensic examination support for the Department of Defense Cyber Crime Center (DC3)and supporting organizations.
- Conducts forensic processes on a variety of digital media including hard drives, thumb drives, media cards, cell phones and other devices.
- Creates detailed notes on processes undertaken and develops forensic reports in support of counterintelligence or criminal investigations and other types of inquiries.
- Assists the customer in developing new and innovative forensic processes and procedures.
- Conducts peer reviews of other examiners’ reporting.
- Provides expert witness testimony in both military and civilian courts in support of forensic examinations conducted by the examiner.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran