Bechtel is looking for people who want to change the landscape of a traditional incident
response and digital forensics. We are an agile and dynamic team doing fantastic work in
information security. Our goal is to change the industry to improve security for both our company
and the world.
As a forensics analyst, you will be working with a group of highly productive employees to
implement the critical function of our incident response. You will be working with standard
forensics tools such as Encase and some groundbreaking new technology as well. Your peers
will be respected people from the information security industry. Due to the nature of incident
response, we are looking for someone who can effectively communicate with managers and
individual contributors in an incident response situation.
When not working on an incident, you will be preparing and maintaining infrastructure, and
refining processes for the next breach. This entails engineering efforts, integrating with other
functional areas, and continuing to enhance your incident response and forensic skill set.
· Bachelor Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field or
· Five years of general information technology experience with three years of experience
in the area of information security
· Knowledge of two or more of the following languages: Python, C, C++, C#, Objective C,
TCL, Ruby, Ocaml, Assembly (x86, x86_64, ARM, PowerPC, MIPS, SPARC architectures),
Bash scripting, Forth, EnScript, WhiteSpace, or Prolog.
· Must be a United States citizen
· Demonstrated experience in the field of digital media and file system forensics
· Expert knowledge of Windows and Linux based operating systems
· Strong analytical, documentation, and communication skills
· In-depth experience with registry, email, timeline, signature and hash analysis and media
· Demonstrated experience with forensics tools such as EnCase, Forensic Toolkit,
F-Response, The Sleuth Kit
· Must be able to computer
· Demonstrated technical acuity in the field of Information Technology Operations and/or
· Knowledge, understanding, and ability to apply technical security standards and tools
· Excellent conceptualization, analytical and logic skills.
· Ability to troubleshoot and mentor junior technical staff in formulating conclusions and
· Ability to successfully facilitate collaboration across multiple functions, departments and
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Computer Forensics, Engineer, Computer Science, Nuclear Engineering, Nuclear, Security, Engineering, Technology, Energy