Collects, processes, preserves, analyzes, and presents computer-related evidence in support of network vulnerability mitigation and/or criminal, fraud, counterintelligence, or law enforcement investigations.
• Assemble and coordinate with technical teams and third-parties to resolve incidents as quickly and efficiently as possible
• Ensure adequate and timely receipt, tracking, and response to eDiscovery and computer forensic requests to meet audit, compliance and legal requirements
• Conduct forensic examinations of electronic evidence, including computer-related equipment, and mobile devices
• Prepare written reports of forensic examination findings
• Use forensic software applications to analyze electronic media
• Physically disassemble and reassemble computers and related hardware
• Collect, document, transport, label, and secure evidence during forensic processing
Desired education and experience
8 years work experience or equivalent experience and 2 or more years’ experience in performing malware analysis in support of incident analysis and response.
Must posses a minimum of a Bachelors Degree, Masters Degree, PhD or JD in a technical specialty such as cyber security, computer science, management information systems or related IT field (Master’s Degree Preferred)
CERTIFICATIONS: (One or more required)
-GCFE – GIAC Certified Forensic Examiner.
-GCFA – GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst (better than GCFE).
-GREM – GIAC Reverse Engineering Malware.
-Encase, SANS Institute Forensic Toolkit (SIFT) or FTK vendor certifications and product experience
-CISM – Certified Information Security Manager