Director of Information Security
DC Metro Area
Circa 200,000 – 220,000 + Bonus and Benefits
My client is a fast-paced firm tenaciously committed to continuing their rapid growth pattern and are looking for a Managing Security Engineer equally committed and qualified to help them to continue to succeed. This individual will report to the head of the Security Data and Operations group.
This Managing Security Engineer will need exceptional communication skills as they will be responsible to work directly with other teams. The individual will be responsible for conducting comprehensive penetration testing in order to assess vulnerabilities in the firm’s applications and network, as well as be familiar with Kerberos, Card Access, Video Surveillance, and Linux configuration management.
What You Will Do:
- Teach security coding skills to software engineers through code reviews
- Manager junior level members of a team of 15+ experienced professionals
- Perform penetration testing and treat detection on new features and network
- Maintain an updated security policy
- Bachelor’s degree and 15+ years of relevant career experience
- Systems experience with Linux operating systems
- Proficiency in at least one scripting languages (e.g. sh, python, perl)
- Understanding of vulnerability triage and classification, management, and remediation practices
- Experience testing and correcting the vulnerabilities outlined in the OWASP Top Ten
- Understanding of Linux networking and security capabilities
- SIEM management, addition of new data sources, development of tools and scripts
- Active in the global cyber security community
- PhD in relevant field
- Experience working in financial environment
- Experience working on RFPs
- Deployment and maintenance of PKI
The world of Cyber Security is the fastest growing market and this role offers a huge opportunity to join an expanding team within an established firm. Resumes are being considered at a first come first serve basis, and interviews are already being conducted. If you are interested in this role, please do send your details to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 646-647-3948 immediately, as this role is extremely active.