PowerSchool is looking for a Director of Information Security to be a key driver in our information security team. This person will be responsible for security strategy and execution of core security program. This individual will lead cross group efforts to drive key initiatives across for PowerSchool products and functions. This person will act as a key advisor and gatekeeper in all phases of software development life cycle and work with many product teams covering all aspects of learning delivery, school administration and parent engagement, across a broad range of technologies as well as PowerSchool’s internal functions.
· Review, direct, and approve the planning and design of security systems
· Implement and communicate all security policies and procedures to personnel
· Serve as the champion of best practices and subject matter expert to the company
· Provide guidance and solutions to protect data and internal functions
· Investigate and consult global security controls
Skills & Requirements
· Expert level knowledge in common web application vulnerabilities and malware techniques
· Comprehensive security background covering encryption technologies, network architectures, communications security, authentication methodologies.
· experience working on security architecture of both an enterprise architecture and a mobile platform such as Android and iOS.
· Implementing vulnerability assessments on client and server side software components.
· experience with security certifications and audits (ISO 27001, ISO 27018, SOC-1, SOC-2, FIPS-140-2, etc.).
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Results oriented and adaptable.
· Collaborative and team oriented
Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science or related field
CISSP, CISM or equivalent preferred