Taylor Corporation is seeking an IT Manager – Server Operations to oversee our server operations team in our core data centers. You will be responsible for the team that maintains the data center environments and ensures all customer server environments (both physical and virtual) are secure, operational, and highly available through continuous proactive monitoring, customer support, and scheduled maintenance.
- Monday-Friday, 8:00AM-5:00PM
- Responsible for all aspects of the organization’s server and storage infrastructure including operating systems, virtualization systems and hardware.
- Maintains server and storage architectures and works with the Server Architecture Team to recommend and implement new systems.
- Oversee team delivery of new builds, upgrades, configuration changes ensuring procedures are followed properly to maintain overall system availability and integrity.
- Manage a team of high caliber server administrators helping each member of the team mature in their capabilities and contributions to the organization.
- Report on key metrics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to ensure system capacity, health and availability.
- Develop and execute on long range technology strategy roadmaps.
- Manage and execute against project plans and set deadlines.
- Collaborate with internal teams, external partners, service providers and business units on shared goals and projects.
- Lead critical troubleshooting efforts responding to customer impacting events. Ensure root cause analysis, problem isolation and problem resolution practices are met within the server infrastructure organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years of IT Service Delivery Experience
- 3+ years of Supervising IT employees
- Proven ability to deliver IT solutions on time and on budget.
- Understanding of ITIL Service Management
- Basic understanding of network protocols, principles and concepts.
- Experience creating and implementing a systems administration and improvement program to maximize uptime and service delivery in accordance with business needs and priorities.
- Ability to lead and offer ideas and direction
- Ability to teach and coach other employees
- Ability to make decisions, trouble shoot and problem solve
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate efficiently
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- 7+ years rack mount server and blade system deployment, configuration, provisioning and troubleshooting experience.
- 7+ years storage systems experience, deployment, configuration, provisioning and troubleshooting. (Dell Compellent preferred)
- 7+ years experience with deploying virtualized infrastructures (VMWare, Microsoft Hyper-V). Experience with ESX VMware server technologies and relevant training or certifications.
- Experience with the setup and management of Email, Pre-Press or Print Production applications.
- Deep and broad experience with Microsoft server technologies (including clustering) and relevant training or certifications (MCSE or MCP certifications)
- Experience performing second- and third-level Windows server operations support at mid- to large-scale enterprise
- Strong ability to troubleshoot complex multi-vendor issues inside the Data Center.
- Experience with Linux operating system environments
About Our Company
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees.
We offer a competitive base salary, and an attractive benefit package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, incentive compensation plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday pay.
About Taylor Corporation:
Taylor Corporation is a Minnesota-based, global leader of business and personal communication products, technologies and services that connect people and grow businesses. As one of the largest commercial printers and one of the largest privately held companies in the United States, we are comprised of more than 80 companies and employ over 10,000 employees globally. This position is available in the corporate office which is the holding entity for the diverse network of companies around the globe that form Taylor Corporation (to learn more about Taylor Corporation, visit our web site at www.taylorcorp.com).