United States of America
Description: This is a key leadership role in the US IT Organization managing the helpdesk, client services, infrastructure, network, desktop and security teams for Sika US reporting to the SVP of IT North America. This individual will work closely with his counterparts on the SAP and Applications teams to support the growing IT needs of Sika Corp’s 1500 users. Experience working for a global company a plus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary responsibility of this role will be managing a team of 10 people that work to support the US organization across support, network, infrastructure, desktop and security. This role will also include project related assignments working with the broader US IT Team, including rolling out upgrades or new solutions (Hardware and Software) and integrating acquisitions.
• Manage team responsible for supporting approximately 1500 networked servers, PCs, and printers located throughout 25 fixed locations within the US and a nationwide remote sales force.
• Provide software support for applications including but not limited to Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Office 2010, Lotus Notes, SAP GUI, Adobe Suite, McAfee Anti-Virus, Cisco VPN, and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
• Provides leadership and direction for equipment deployment and administration including PCs, Servers, Networking, and Wireless. Ensures adherence to company standards and departmental guidelines for hardware and software usage (as set forth by local or global)
• Responsible for keeping company-wide inventory of PCs, related assets, and software licenses up to date.
• Create and document implementation/support procedures for new deployments and existing processes.
• Keeps business continuity/disaster recovery plan up to date and ensures viability of plan through continuous testing
• Ensures team adheres to global security policies and manages threats and issues as they arise
• Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes.
• Manage third party level-1 helpdesk. Ensure service tickets are recorded and prioritized for resolution. Ability to review tickets and analyze problem areas for improvement.
• Acts as Project Manager for projects, work effort and resource requirements to complete project initiatives
• Selects and eventually manages vendor relationships, reviews statements of works, and helps support pricing negotiations
• Identifies process improvements and provides insight on continuous customer service enhancements. Present solutions to SVP and CFO.
• Responsible for managing, mentoring and coaching staff, performing annual reviews
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to think and problem solve independently with an attention to detail
• Willingness to learn new technologies
• Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized
• Willingness to take ownership of problems and follow through to completion.
• Customer focused with ability to promptly answer support related email, phone calls, and other electronic communications. Communications is critical to the success of this role.
• This position will be required to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment. You must be comfortable multi-tasking
• Willingness to do some moderate travel.
A Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 7 years of experience supporting customers in a technical environment. A minimum of 5 years of managing and leading teams is a plus.
• Proficient Technical Skills, including but not limited to, past and present Microsoft desktop operating systems, Office software suite, Anti-Virus, Disk Encryption.
• Vendor Management
• Back up and recovery
• IP Telephony
• Understanding of finance both capital and expense
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled