Infogroup is looking for top talent to join our fast-paced and innovative team. We are seeking a Director, IT Operations to join our team.This position is responsible for directing technical operations activities with the objective of maximizing growth and profitability assisted by subordinate managers. This position is also responsible for providing day-to-day leadership and management of all company operations functions.
Essential Job Functions:*
1. Manage operations by directing and coordinating activities consistent with established goals, objectives, and policies. Operations may include multi-channel marketing (email, social, mobile), and associated deliverability disciplines.
2. Implement programs to ensure attainment of business plan for growth and profit.
3. Provide direction and structure for operating units.
4. Implement improved processes and management methods to generate higher ROI and workflow optimization.
5. Develop technology operations strategies aligned with organizational goals.
6. Follow overall technology vision, strategy direction set by Chief Technology Officer.
7. Lead operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
8. Direct the global deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of IT systems which may include servers, desktop computers, operating systems, hardware, software, routers, switches and peripherals.
9. Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
10. Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
11. Manage financial aspects of the IT, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review.
12. Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
13. Approve and oversee projects and project portfolio.
14. Develop and implement IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
15. Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
16. Practice asset management for IT hardware, software, and equipment.
17. Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
18. Interview, hire, and counsel direct report employees. Delegate activities to appointed managers. Ensure that responsibilities, authorities, and accountability of all subordinates are defined and understood. Provide mentoring and guidance to subordinates and other employees.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities:
1. Ability to effectively communicate with individuals at all levels in the Company and with various business and media contacts outside of the Company in an articulate, professional manner.
2. Strong technical knowledge of major network and server operating systems, including Linux and Microsoft.
3. Detailed expertise in managing corporate data security.
4. Strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards.
5. Strong technical knowledge of email systems related protocols.
6. Strong background in data communications including frame, DSL, VPN and wireless. Experience should include international communication network design and deployment.
7. Proven experience in international IT infrastructure architecture, planning, development, deployment and support.
8. Ability to successfully lead a team of associates.
Education, Experience, and Certification:
1. Bachelor’s degree in a related field or the equivalent is required.*
2. 12 to 15 years of relevant work experience is required.*
3. 10 years experience managing significant, interactive online solutions, with broad and complex product lines, supporting a large, nationwide or global direct sales and account management workforce.
4. 10 years of experience in IT management, including strategic planning, network development, implementation, and maintenance of large-scale networks across multi-hardware platforms.
5. Master’s degree is preferred.
We’re revolutionizing the way companies connect with their customers and grow their businesses. Find out how you can join the movement at www.infogroup.com/about-infogroup/careers-at-infogroup. Please reference requisition number DLLS4293.
Infogroup is the leading provider of innovative business data, and marketing solutions that are proven to increase customer acquisition and retention. Our mission is to use a combination of our client’s data and our business and consumer data and really smart people to deliver the right communication to the right audience at the right time — for Infogroup, that’s real-time. For more information, please visit www.infogroup.com.
At Infogroup, our employees are directly responsible for our success. We strongly believe in rewarding employees for their initiative, teamwork and leadership. Every day, we expect our employees to ask questions, demand better solutions and challenge one another to succeed. We are constantly looking for candidates who are not only qualified and knowledgeable, but also have the drive to grow professionally. We hire dynamic individuals in variety of fields such as information technology, account management and client services, sales, marketing, administration and human resources.
Affirmative Action/EEO Policy
At Infogroup, we are committed to attracting, retaining and engaging employees from all walks of life. Diversity is an important part of our values and business operations. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment that promotes professional development for everyone. As part of that commitment, Infogroup does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, status as a disabled veteran and/or Veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. In addition, Infogroup will provide reasonable accommodation for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.