The Director of IT is responsible for all Information Systems personnel and equipment supporting all Golden Nugget offices and locations, including applications, networks, storage, infrastructure, security, and communications. Includes responsibility for staffing, budgeting, policies and procedures, and research.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that business-critical applications and infrastructure are fully functional and secure.
- Develop staff capabilities thru training opportunities
- Coordinate the development/deployment of technical standards
- Coordinate the development/deployment of operational procedures
- Define strategic direction for IT environment including enterprise initiatives and supported standards
- Conduct presentations to the executive level to obtain project approvals
- Establish SLAs for operations and support.
- Introduce new technologies into company as appropriate (proactive) to improve business processes
- Assist in development of internal procedures and ensure that all procedures that support the property’s computer systems are performed according to standards.
- Identify and implement statutorily required programs, controls, policies, and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Maintain and incorporate Landry’s Corporate standards and protocols as applicable.
- Collaborate and engage with Landry’s Corporate on current and new system efficiencies.
- Keep abreast of current trends and technologies in the industry.
- Manage a staff of technical and application specialists who are responsible for the day-to-day operation, maintenance, and performance of all technical systems and applications.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Broad knowledge of computer applications, system installation, troubleshooting, problem determination, and operations techniques.
- Strong project management skills
- Advanced knowledge of Policy and Procedure methodologies. And development in a regulated environment.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Must be well organized and detail oriented and be able to perform many tasks at one time.
- Must be hands on technical in addition to providing strategic direction.
- Available to work in a 24 hour, 7 day a week environment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related fields or equivalent experience. Background experience in regulated technical engineering environment preferred.
- Minimum fifteen (15) years’ experience within Information Technology, with demonstrated technical, management, and business experience. Supervisory experience required. Operations experience desirable.
- Casino, hotel and/or point of sale systems experience preferred but not required.
- Minimum age requirement is 21
- Must possess basic mathematical skills to include ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide specific to position responsibilities.
- Ability to read and understand all policies and procedures.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests, employees, and members of management in English, specific to position duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to complete standard forms and reports.
- A Nevada Gaming Card is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, duties and responsibilities.
- Constantly reading, writing, hearing, seeing, walking distances up to several city blocks, throughout entire shift.
- Frequently stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching.
- Occasionally lifting and carrying up to a maximum of 50 lb., alone for distances up to 500ft.
- Occasionally pushing and pulling up to a maximum of 1,200 lb.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Work is performed indoors in a climate-controlled environment with occasional hot and cold temperature changes.
- Work with others, sometimes in close spaces.
- Moderate Noise Levels
- Walk/Stand on Tile/Mats.
- HAZARDS: Heavy Lifting/Pushing. Wet Floors. Chemical Odors.
Auto req ID
Concept / Brand
Golden Nugget Las Vegas