Director of IT

A.   Position Summary

  • Management position responsible for identifying, evaluating, and managing strategic information technology initiatives.  Highly project-oriented position, with emphasis on continually improving existing operations by applying technology that will increase productivity, timeliness and/or accuracy.  Initiative areas to include both production processing applications as well as business management applications including production metrics, financial management, reporting, etc.  As Bell’s principal change agent, 75% of the activities for this position should be strategic/constructive, with the remaining 25% operational / tactical / managerial. The IT Director is responsible for ensuring that full-range of technology and information systems supporting the organization are operational 24/7/364.

 

B.   Principal Duties and Responsibilities

  • Identifying strategic technology initiatives with management and staff
  • Building business cases for pursuing strategic initiatives with management including basic ROI analysis
  • Prioritizing / sequencing initiatives
  • Identifying and evaluating alternative solutions for economics, performance, and manageability
  • Planning and implementing solutions through effective project work planning, stakeholder identification, and training
  • Incorporating new solutions into existing operating procedures
  • Ensuring staff are properly positioned to utilize and leverage new strategic technology solutions
  • Managing critical 3rd party relationships with technology service providers including software vendors, hardware vendors, ISP’s, management service providers, etc.
  • Leading, directing, evaluating and managing internal technical staff in conjunction with 3rd parties
  • Technical support for corporate technology infrastructure as well as production-related operating systems
  • Support company telecommunications systems and networks
  • Identification and implementation of automation-related projects and initiatives to enhance operational efficiency

 

C.   Knowledge, Skills and Abilities

  • Critical thinking
  • Financial analysis / project budgeting / ROI
  • Communication – written and verbal
  • Planning / prioritizing activities
  • Functional decomposition of complex processes
  • Active listening skills
  • Multi-tasking
  • Persistence
  • Leadership / ability to gain confidence of users
  • Documentation and diagramming
  • Consensus-building capabilities
  • Team player

 

D.   Education and Experience

  • Requires a minimum of five years related experience required
  • 4 year degree in relative field or equivalent experience necessary
  • Manufacturing / production technology or management experience strongly preferred
  • Sound working understanding of networking topology, principles, and fundamentals

 

E.   Working Conditions

  • Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
  • Performs most duties in a well-ventilated, well-lighted, and temperature-controlled office environment.  Noise level is at a minimum.
  • On-call responsibility, 24/7, or as shared with staff, should technology or telecommunications issues arise that impede organizational communications and/or operations.
  • May be required to perform duties in evenings or weekends depending on severity of issues.
  • Occasional travel as needed.

 

 

 

 

Source:https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit2/?id=15427851&t=1

. . . . . . . .

Leave a Reply