Another Source’s client, Seattle Foundation, is recruiting a Director of Technology to join their team.
Here’s a little about Seattle Foundation and the position they are seeking to fill:
Seattle Foundation seeks a dynamic and forward thinking candidate for the position of Director of Technology (DT). The DT is responsible for the overall planning, organizing and execution of all areas of information technology throughout the Foundation. This includes directing all IT operations to determine user requirements to the recommendation of practical solutions and then oversight of implementation. The DT is the Foundation’s primary advocate who leads a Foundation-wide effort to improve the effective use of technology.
The successful candidate must be a technology generalist with excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with constituencies with varying levels of technical sophistication. The DT will have good command of technology solutions and an ability to understand the appropriate integration between different tools. The DT works across all departments of the Foundation and collaborates with teams to find technology solutions that work both for the individual team and the Foundation’s overall technology plan. Seattle Foundation has adopted an agile workforce and ensures that employees working both remotely and within the open office have their technology needs addressed.
About the Seattle Foundation:
Greater Seattle is changing and growing, and so is Seattle Foundation. “The heart and science of philanthropy” is the intersection of passion and discipline to create lasting change. As the community’s foundation, our mission is to ignite powerful and rewarding philanthropy to make Greater Seattle a stronger, more vibrant community for all. We work with more than 1,200 individuals, families and corporations to strategically invest their philanthropic resources in ways that inspire continued giving. We also partner with philanthropic institutions, government agencies, community organizations and businesses to catalyze positive change in our community across a range of issues.
Our organizational culture is one of engaged teamwork, where we support one another in reaching our collective and individual goals while constantly learning along the way. Our office is located in the downtown core of Seattle, however our reach is much broader than that – we focus on Greater Seattle and the Eastside and also support donor interests across the country and around the globe. We seek individuals to join our 40+ employees (and growing!) who are committed to our vision of a stronger, more vibrant community for all; collaboratively finding solutions; continually improving; and going the extra mile in service of our philanthropic partners and the broader community. We’re in the midst of an exciting evolution in our work.
- Ability to formulate and articulate an IT vision for the Foundation. Supporting this vision, develop strategic and operational IT plans in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- A strong and collaborative communicator with an ability to work constructively with all departments within the Foundation.
- Anticipate the Foundation’s technology needs and identify new technology tools. Includes identification, evaluation and implementation of hardware, software and hosted solutions.
- Identify, negotiate and complete vendor contracts for purchased and leased computer hardware, software, programming engineers, phone, maintenance and related services. Periodically run RFP processes from initiation to conclusion.
- Work closely with Marketing and Communications to align marketing technology with business goals and to accurately translate marketing requirements into technical capabilities, resulting in effective performance that furthers the Foundation’s goals. This includes creating and implementing strategic and operational plans to oversee systems development, enhancement, and integration of new systems with existing systems (Sitecore, Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge, MailChimp, etc) in the most efficient and effective way possible.
- Responsible for cyber-security and integrity of all systems and data, including backup, fail-over, disaster recovery, social-engineering training, penetration testing and availability of historic data.
- Manage technology activities including installations, patches and upgrades, performance, security and maintenance of hardware, software and data (owned and vendor-provided).
- Assure that the Foundation’s technology and policies are in compliance with all legal, accounting and regulatory requirements. Also develop standard operating procedures and bests practices, including written protocols and guidance, to end users.
- Plan, administer and monitor the technology budgets, both operating and capital expenditures.
- Provide supervision and guidance to Database Manager including development of clear expectations, regular check-ins, annual professional assessment and career development.
- Continuous professional advancement by participating in outside and industry professional group meetings; maintain awareness of new trends and developments in the field of information technology; incorporate new developments as appropriate.
- Periodically interface with the board and/or its committees on technology issues.
Skills, abilities and other requirements:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Technology or related-field or equivalent experience
- 10+ years working in various areas and levels of technology with both tactical and strategic responsibilities
- Supervisory experience including the ability to set goals and expectations and monitor outcomes.
Another Source works with their clients, on a retained project basis, to maximize the recruiting process.
Keywords: Seattle, Downtown, information technology, program management, non-profit, vendor management, information security, infrastructure development, director of it, it director, director of technical services, director of information technology, information technology director