PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
About Information Security and Risk Management at General Motors:
Information Security and Risk Management teams at GM IT are responsible for ensuring the Enterprise is fully secure from all manner of cyber threats. Leveraging state-of-the-art technologies, our teams design, deploy and deliver leading-edge security architectures and solutions that provide an impregnable defense to external threats and also ensure iron-clad security for information, applications, and infrastructure at GM.
About the role:
The Information Security Specialist position plays a key role in the following areas:
- IT Security Strategy
- IT Risk Management
- Security Architecture
- Incident Response
- Security Assurance
- Information Protection
- Forensic Investigations
- Partner Security Compliance and Assurance
Typical responsibilities in the above areas include, but are not limited to:
- Performing risk assessment, threat analysis, and vulnerability assessment
- Designing compensating controls to mitigate business risk
- Establishing data protection requirements and strategies
- Developing information security policy, controls and standards
- Conducting security penetration testing
- Performing e-discovery analysis
- Conducting benchmarking and metrics activities
Regardless of the specialization, the Information Security Specialist applies solid information security principles and best practices to their specific discipline. This includes the understanding of the application of security concepts including risk management, compliance, threat and vulnerability assessments, information protection and access control, security processes, policy and standards. These skills are applied across a broad range of areas including operational security, application design and development, technology evaluation and acquisition.
- Skilled in computer programming, administration and/or scripting
- Knowledge of cyber security and risk management practices
- Knowledge of security architectures, tools and technologies
- Experience with designing secure applications and data protection
- Familiarity security forensics, vulnerability assessment and policy implementation
- Excellent collaboration and teamwork – ability to work cross functionally
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- Relevant internship experience in a security role desirable
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest Information Technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on Innovation, Speed, and Business Value.
Join our team and experience Information Technology at a scale and pace not seen before!
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at [email protected] In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.