Ever/Body, a female-led beauty and wellness company transforming the cosmetic dermatology industry, raised $55.5 million in Series C funding, bringing their total funding raised to date to $100 million.
WHO: Since opening its first location in New York City in September 2019, Ever/Body is emerging as a leader in the cosmetic dermatology industry by approaching the market from a unique position that combines medical expertise with a convenient and modern client experience. Ever/Body leverages its proprietary technology platform to create a seamless and personalized client journey, from appointment scheduling to pre- and post-treatment care. The company is led by CEO Amy Shecter and features a predominantly female leadership team.
Treatments are overseen by Chief Medical Officer Dr. Jared Jagdeo and administered by a team of expert medical professionals. To deliver best-in-class care, Ever/Body created a proprietary training program for providers that includes 300-500 hours of clinical practice and didactic lectures, far exceeding the current industry average. The program is led by a team of internal educators and outside experts and will roll out nationally as the business expands. A hallmark of the curriculum is its comprehensive diversity and inclusivity training to ensure that all clients’ needs are met with the highest standards.
WHY: The funding will be used to support national expansion and further advancements in technology, and for the acceleration of a proprietary education program for providers. Ever/Body plans to expand into new markets, starting with the opening of six locations across the East Coast by the end of 2022. In addition to its three existing NYC locations, Ever/Body will open three new locations in the greater New York City area, and three in the DC Metro area. Plans for further nationwide expansion are on the horizon in the near future.
IN THEIR OWN WORDS: “Ever/Body is reimagining cosmetic dermatology with an offering powered by technology and supported by an inclusive, high-quality standard of care,” said Jason Schneider of Addition. “The brand’s approach to service, combined with provider expertise, is uniquely positioned to grow the category and we look forward to supporting Amy and the Ever/Body team as they continue to expand their footprint.”
“Over the past few years, we’ve had the privilege of serving every client that has come through our doors with an individualized treatment plan, the highest level of medical expertise and an engaging service experience,” said Amy Shecter, CEO of Ever/Body. “Our goal is to change the industry from the inside out. For our providers, we’ve built a more advanced career path with on-going education and professional development. For our clients, we’ve coupled this provider expertise with a tech-enabled service experience that supports their beauty and wellness goals. We look forward to bringing this new standard of care to more providers and more clients as we expand.”
- Addition, an existing investor, led the round with participation by Tiger Global, ACME Capital, Declaration Capital, Fifth Wall Ventures, and Redesign Health, all of whom are current investors. Imaginary Ventures also participated in this round as a new investor.
- The funding round brings the total raised to date by the company to $100 million.
- The business continues to grow its revenue over 100%, driven by both new and repeat clients.
- In May 2021, Ever/Body closed a $38 million Series B, consisting of both venture equity and debt. The round was led by Tiger Global Management, an existing investor in the company. Additional investors include Addition, Fifth Wall, MetaProp, and Gaingels, and existing investors include Declaration Partners, ACME Capital, and Redesign Health.
- In September 2019, the business raised a $17 million Series A that was led by ACME Capital with follow-on capital from Tiger Global Management, Declaration Partners, and Redesign Health as well as strategic investors Warby Parker co-founders Neil Blumenthal and Dave Gilboa, Rent the Runway and Jetblack founder Jenny Fleiss, Harry’s and Warby Parker co-founder Jeff Raider, and Allbirds co-founder Joey Zwillinger.