The official discussion forum of Evernote has been breached by unknown hackers; as a result theÂ cyber criminalsÂ were able to access userâ€™sÂ information along with passwords in some cases.
The announcement of data breach was made by Evernoteâ€™s community manager Geoff Barry, yesterday.
- (Users impacted by this announcement will have received an email)
- The vendor that operatesÂ https://discussion.evernote.comÂ has notified us that they had been hacked.
- The hacker was able to retrieve our forum membersâ€™ profile information. We donâ€™t believe that the hacker accessed any private forum messages.
- Our forum is a completely separate service from the Evernote Service.Â The Evernote Service was not affected and your notes are still secure.Â We do not store your Evernote password on our discussion forum servers and you do not need to change it.
- If you created an account on our old forum in 2011 or earlier, then the hash of the password you used at that time was taken as part of this incident. If you use that same password on other services today, please update it. For all other forum members, only your email address and birthday, if you provided one, were taken.
- We are sending email notifications to all affected forum users detailing what was exposed.
This is not the first time when Evernote has been hacked. In March 2013, the company reset passwords of 50 million users after a breach and last week it also faced massive denial-of-service attack (DDoS).
If you are Evernote customer we suggest securing your data before itâ€™s too late.
The post Evernote forum hacked, users warned about a possible passwords leak appeared first on Hack Read.
View full post on Hack Read
Other Sites You May Like: