Job Role Summary
ExxonMobil is seeking oil and gas industry Finance or Accounting professionals with experience in forensic accounting, accounting controls, and fraud investigations to fill a data analytics role within the ExxonMobil Upstream Controllers organization. Depending on the specific role, resources could be involved in any of the following activities:
- Provide expertise on the use of data analytics technologies and application of forensic accounting techniques
- Develop tests to identify potential fraud across global Upstream operational and financial transactions
- Analyze relationships between complex and diverse global Upstream operational and financial transactions
- Proactively and creatively identify new and innovative ways to approach business controls monitoring
- Monitor processing streams to ensure the reliability of business controls using big data analytics
- Drive business control process transformation through application of analytical capability
- Develop, test, and implement related IT solutions and analytical tools, including leading indicators
- Communicate, coordinate and present to varying levels of management across multiple stakeholders
- Participate in internal assessments and special reviews
Through these activities you will participate in business decisions, improve our processes, and work closely with both financial, IT and business line management.
Demonstrated performance may lead to increasing responsibility and opportunities across the financial organizations with various business lines (Upstream, Downstream, Chemical). The career path for candidates exhibiting exceptional performance may lead to significant responsibility.
Required Qualifications, Skills, Abilities and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field required / Masters or MBA degree in Finance or Accounting
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong IT skill set with Power User experience with SAP and data analytical tools
- Prior experience in forensic accounting, accounting controls, and fraud investigations with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience in audit, forensic accounting, fraud investigations, and accounting controls in the oil & gas industry
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Tax, Database, ERP, SAP, User Experience, Finance, Technology