Twitter says a forensic review is underway.
“Dr. Fraud” shared these tips on how you can avoid your accounts from being hacked:
· Use two factor authentication
· Super strong password
· Lock your phone
· Use mobile security or authentication app. Under Account-Security. Like Microsoft Authenticator. Log in their first and they give you a code to go into Twitter. Makes it more difficult.
· Go to Settings—Account—Apps and Session and limit which Apps have access to your account.
· Be wary of any bitcoin transaction as no consumer protection.
· Hacker motives-$, political or “other” agenda (corporate brand damage), PII
· Protect your PII at all costs. Use security methods—two factor authentication.
· Check credit report—will reveal ID theft.
· Keep an eye out for any anomalies—billing notices, mailers etc..
· 15b connected devices to 50 B in 2 years. Tons of info going into system.
· Adults 11 hours a day and kids 7 on phone—tons of opportunity.
· Make it harder-show slight resistance and they will go elsewhere.
· Social engineering is involved in 98% of hacks.
· USB study—30-45 insert.
For more information, watch the video above.
Click her for the original source of this story.