FORENSIC TECHNOLOGY SERVICES – DATA ANALYTICS MANAGER/SENIOR MANAGER
Grant Thornton is a collaborative, entrepreneurial firm on the move! As part of a dynamic, global organization of more than 47,000 people serving clients in more than 130 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
Grant Thornton’s Advisory professionals are progressive thinkers who create, protect, transform value today, so our clients have the opportunity to thrive and grow. Our advisory practice creates holistic solutions delivered by innovative, curious professionals who bring technical depth and industry insight to our clients.
Grant Thornton’s Advisory business lines are designed to create, protect, and transform value. Transaction Services (create value) works hand-in-hand with Business Consulting and Technology (transform value) and Business Risk Services (protect value). Business Consulting and Technology Practice consists of Financial Management, Strategy & Performance Improvement, Technology Strategy and Management and Technology Solutions.
Grant Thornton’s Forensic Technology Services (FTS) practice provides forensic data analysis, electronic discovery advisory and processing services, data analytics, and cyber security incident response. The FTS Manager is an integral member of the client services delivery team.
This position involves quantitative analysis of structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data using various relational database management systems. The responsibilities would range from initial data scoping and collection through leading data analytics projects overseeing the team’s all activities. The type of analysis varies by project but common types of analysis are fraud detection, historical modeling, and outlier analysis. FTS is tool agnostic but the majority of the analytics work is done using Microsoft SQL Server with Tableau being used for visualizing the results.
- Plan and deliver services for complex projects
- Manage resources and budget for projects
- Participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process
- Manage day-to-day interactions with clients and internal Grant Thornton team
- Create, manage, and utilize high performance relational databases (e.g. MS SQL Server)
- Lead Data Analytics teams while they perform data analysis in a cross-functional environment
- Create and explain complex analytic findings and techniques using both written and verbal reports.
- Motivate others to perform at maximum efficiency without sacrificing quality of the services delivered.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field is preferred. Equivalent combination of education and demonstrated experience will be considered.
- REQUIRED: 6+ years of hands-on technical experience analyzing electronic data with a strong working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server or equivalent relational database management system such as Oracle, including advanced experience with SQL including stored procedures, custom SQL functions, and SQL cursors.
- REQUIRED: Experience with one or more advanced analytics/predictive modeling tools such as R or experience with one or more object-oriented language such as C# to build robust applications used for data analysis or the preprocessing of data.
- Experience in a professional services firm strongly preferred.
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g. QlikView, Tableau) preferred.
- Experience with fraud, regulatory compliance, and litigation preferred.
- Expert-level proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio and Adobe.
- Proficiency with the Windows Operating System, PC hardware and networking, and network security hardware and software. Proficiency in UNIX/Linux is a plus.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of evidence preservation and chain of custody rules.
- Ability to travel on short notice and work additional hours as necessary.
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a more complete list of benefits please visit www.gt.com
The people in the independent firms of Grant Thornton International Ltd provide personalized attention and the highest quality service to public and private clients in more than 100 countries. Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd, one of the six global audit, tax and advisory organizations. Grant Thornton International Ltd and its member firms are not a worldwide partnership, as each member firm is a separate and distinct legal entity.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Suite 1200 1100 Peachtree Street