(844) 627-8267
(844) 627-8267

Forest Hills schools reinforcing safety protocols after soft lockdown last month | #schoolsaftey


The Forest Hills School District said it has carefully reviewed and reinforced their safety protocols after an unknown individual entered Anderson High School last month, prompting a soft lockdown.In a letter addressed to Forest Hills families on Thursday, superintendent Larry R. Hook provided more details as to what happened on Aug. 29.According to Hook, an unknown individual was present at Anderson High School just before 12 p.m. and had entered the school through a door to a maintenance room that was propped open by an outside contractor.Shortly after the individual was spotted, a staff member approached him and immediately removed him from the building.Hook said the man did not interact with any students while he was in the building.In response to the incident, Hook told families that the school district has reviewed its response to the situation and have reinforced safety expectations with all outside contractors who have been on district property since the incident.The school district also added a second School Resource Officer at the start of the school year and has completed upgrades to school entrances.”I hope you understand that everything we do as a school district keeps in mind the safety and security of our students and staff. Part of our responsibility is to communicate information about situations like this, when it becomes appropriate to do so, so we can all have a better understanding of the district’s response and our commitment to safety,” Hook said in the statement.

The Forest Hills School District said it has carefully reviewed and reinforced their safety protocols after an unknown individual entered Anderson High School last month, prompting a soft lockdown.

In a letter addressed to Forest Hills families on Thursday, superintendent Larry R. Hook provided more details as to what happened on Aug. 29.

According to Hook, an unknown individual was present at Anderson High School just before 12 p.m. and had entered the school through a door to a maintenance room that was propped open by an outside contractor.

Shortly after the individual was spotted, a staff member approached him and immediately removed him from the building.

Hook said the man did not interact with any students while he was in the building.

In response to the incident, Hook told families that the school district has reviewed its response to the situation and have reinforced safety expectations with all outside contractors who have been on district property since the incident.

The school district also added a second School Resource Officer at the start of the school year and has completed upgrades to school entrances.

“I hope you understand that everything we do as a school district keeps in mind the safety and security of our students and staff. Part of our responsibility is to communicate information about situations like this, when it becomes appropriate to do so, so we can all have a better understanding of the district’s response and our commitment to safety,” Hook said in the statement.



Source link

——————————————————–


Click Here For The Original Source.

National Cyber Security

FREE
VIEW