Cyber Showdown: Indian Hacktivist Groups Thwarted ‘#OpIndia’ Amid G20 Summit
- Indian Cyber Force and Team NWH fight back, neutralizing ‘#OpIndia,’ a cyber attack campaign from Indonesia, Pakistan, and Bangladesh.
- Telegram bans all anti-India hacking groups, disrupting their coordination and communication.
- Indian hacktivist groups report over 100 malicious websites and fix multiple vulnerabilities, raising the cybersecurity bar for the nation.
Indian Cyber Force, known as ICF, has emerged as a formidable force against these cyber threats. The group has:
- Reported over 100 websites used for launching cyber attacks.
- Reported 15-plus vulnerabilities in government websites.
ICF also made headlines by retaliating against the Indonesian Army’s domain, ‘Kopassus.mil.id,’ rendering it inaccessible. The group also briefly took down the Indonesian Embassy website, causing it to go offline for approximately 35 minutes.
ICF is not fighting this cyber battle alone. Team NWH, another Indian hacking group, has also rolled up their sleeves. They have:
- Orchestrated DDoS attacks on the Bangladesh government’s services portal.
- Retaliated against Pakistani police websites, including sindhpolice.gov.pk and balochistanpolice.gov.pk, after the Delhi and Mumbai police websites were targeted.
Telegram Steps In
In a significant move, Telegram has banned all anti-India hacking groups from its platform. Channels from Indonesia, Pakistan, and Bangladesh are now restricted in India (They are visible outside India), forcing these groups to migrate to other platforms like Twitter.
A Glimmer of What’s to Come: #OpIndia’s Next Move
As the first day of the G20 Summit unfolds, the Indonesian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi hacktivist groups spearheading the ‘#OpIndia’ campaign have released an ominous statement. They’ve announced plans to intensify their cyberattacks on Indian cyberspace over the next two days, coinciding with the Summit’s duration of 9-10th September. With the Indian hacktivist groups like ICF and Team NWH already on high alert, the stage is set for an escalating cyber showdown.
The stakes are high, and with Day 1 of the Summit just getting started, this cyber battlefield is far from quiet. Stay tuned for more updates as we continue to cover this riveting story.