#21/RV PITT (2-0, 1-0 ACC) vs. #24/RV LOUISVILLE (1-1, 0-1 ACC)
September 26, 2020 • Noon, ET
Heinz Field (68,400/Natural Grass) • Pittsburgh, Pa.
ACC Network • Pitt Panthers Radio Network
• A battle of Associated Press Top 25 teams comes to Heinz Field when No. 21 Pitt hosts No. 24 Louisville. The Panthers are coming off a 21-10 win over Syracuse, while the Cardinals dropped a 47-34 decision to Miami.
• This is only the second ACC meeting between the Panthers and Cardinals. Pitt won that initial ACC encounter, 45-34, in 2015 at Heinz Field. The 2020 game was added in July as part of the revamped conference scheduling format. Pitt leads the overall series, 9-8.
• Owning a 2-0 record, the Panthers are seeking their first 3-0 start since 2014.
• Dating back to the 2000 season, Pitt has won its opening three games only three times (2000, 2009 and 2014). In each of those seasons, the 3-0 starts were springboards to bowl invitations.
• Since 2015, Pat Narduzzi has directed the Panthers to 25 victories in ACC play, the third-highest win total during that span, trailing only Clemson (39) and Miami (26).
• Making his 2020 debut against Syracuse, defensive end Rashad Weaver had two sacks, three TFLs and seven total tackles to earn Walter Camp National Defensive Player of the Week honors. Weaver missed all of the 2019 season due to injury.
• Safety Paris Ford, a highly regarded run stopper, has two interceptions on the young season. He ranks first nationally (tied) in total interceptions and third in INTs per game (1.0 avg.).
• Pitt boasts top 10 national rankings in rushing defense (first, 26.0 avg.), total defense (third, 154.0 avg.), pass defense (fourth, 128.0 avg.) and scoring defense (sixth, 5.0 ppg.).
Series in Brief
Series Began: 1976
Series Overall: Pitt leads 9-8
At Pittsburgh: Pitt leads 6-5
At Louisville: Series tied 3-3
At Neutral Sites: DNA
ACC Series: Pitt leads 1-0
Big East Series: Series tied 4-4
Current Streak: Pitt has won 1
Last ACC Meeting: Nov. 21, 2015 (Pitt 45, UL 34)
Last Big East Meeting: Oct. 13, 2012 (UL 45, Pitt 35)
Longest Pitt Series Win Streak: 4 games (twice: 1976-83; 2008-11)
Longest UL Series Win Streak: 7 games (1990-2007)
Largest Pitt Margin of Victory: 49 points (63-14, 1982)
Largest UL Margin of Victory: 24 points (48-24, 2006)
Television • ACC Network
Wes Durham (play-by-play), Roddy Jones (analyst), Kelsey Riggs (reporter)
Pitt Radio • 93.7 The Fan & Pitt Panthers Radio Network
Bill Hillgrove (play-by-play), Pat Bostick (analyst), Larry Richert (reporter)
SiriusXM Satellite Radio
Sirius 135, XM 194, Internet 956
WPTS Radio (Pitt Student Station) • 92.1 FM
The ACC Network is available through the following video providers: Altice, AT&T, Charter/Spectrum, Cox Cable, DIRECTV, DISH, Google Fiber, Hulu Live TV, Optimum, Sling, Verizon Fios, Vidgo and YouTube TV, among others. All ACCN games will also be available on the ESPN App to authenticated cable subscribers. Fans interested in learning more about ACCN can visit GetACCN.com.
ABOUT ACC NETWORK
Owned and operated by ESPN in partnership with the Atlantic Coast Conference, ACC Network is a 24/7 national network dedicated to ACC sports that launched Aug. 22, 2019. Approximately 450 live contests including 40 regular-season football games, 150 men’s and women’s basketball games, and 200 other regular-season competitions and tournament games from across the conference’s 27 sponsored sports will be televised annually, plus a complement of news and information shows and original programming. Together, ACC Network’s TV and digital platforms featured over 1,000 ACC events in its first year. ESPN has been televising ACC content since 1979 and has exclusive rights to every conference-controlled game across sports and championships.
#H2P | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .