An investigation is taking place by GameStop as the result of hackers breaching their security. Customer credit card information and other private info may have been stolen by the hackers, admitted GameStop to Brian Kebs, a computer security journalist. These attacks may have taken place between September of last year and February 2017 according to Kebs. GameStop did not confirm the possible dates of these attacks, however. “We regret any concern this situation may cause for our customers,” said GameStop in a statement. Considering the situation, it is advisable for anyone who has accounts with GameStop to check their bank accounts for unauthorized charges.
- Hackers Just Stole Another $180K in Ether From Cryptopia Exchange
- Police Hardly Able to Solve Cryptopia Hack Case. Police: Hackers Never Came Back for Second Attack
- $140K – $150K!! Information Security TS/SCI CISSP, CISA, CISM
- Learn How To Get Rich In Cyber Security
- Why All IT Mangers, CTO’s and CIO Should Take Lie Detectors Test