Are you looking for a
challenging and rewarding opportunity to fully utilize your expertise in a growing and ever-evolving organization?
associate at Post, you will have an opportunity every day to change lives and be a part of building something truly special. We are looking
for exceptional talent who understand that their purpose is to create a personal, memorable, and delightful experience for our students and
We seek those that:
- thrive on working things out through collaboration and straight
- who are willing to find and try creative solutions, and
- who take on complex challenges with a ‘we will overcome
If you understand what it takes to be obsessive about service, be part of a team – willing to work
toward the team’s priorities, not your own and who can genuinely embrace our culture and our mission…. then we’re
interested in you!
ICT Systems Technician –Level I work closely with staff,
faculty, and students to provide AV and tech support in offices, classrooms, public room spaces, and residential halls and set up and break
down computer labs as assigned by Manager of User Services and CITO. This position requires extensive knowledge of and a keen interest in
computer technology and audio-visual equipment and must possess strong customer service skills. The ICT Systems Technician – Level I
will respond promptly to support requests from both staff and students residing in the residence halls as well as from faculty in the
computer labs/classrooms both during class and after class.
- Be available for
computer and AV preparation/breakdown for staff, students, and faculty both before, during, and after meetings and as determined by the
needs of the requestor.
- Respond promptly to staff, faculty, and students for troubleshooting, hardware, software and password
assistance, and general tech support as issues arise.
- Respond to and log all tech support requests in our ticketing system to track
maintenance needs and volume.
- Set up and break down computer labs in the academic buildings, offices, and residence
- Supervise computer lab during the scheduled workday and provide student workers for after-hours coverage.
deliver, and keep track of all AV equipment using sign-out forms.
- Responsible for installing and configuring new PCs (Windows 7,10),
adding these PCs to an Active Directory Domain, and DNS
- Install and configure desktop software as needed
- Manage Antivirus
software and assist users with applications and troubleshooting hardware
- Provide technical assistance and/or training to staff,
faculty, or students in using the audio/visual equipment for events in the classrooms and public spaces.
- Answer inquiries concerning
the use of audio-visual equipment including microphones, sound speakers, video screens, projectors, video monitors, connecting wires and
cables as well as lighting.
- Maintain, inventory, suggest repair, storage or replacement of equipment
- Communicate with staff,
faculty, and students regarding student technology needs and problems, as well as scheduling needs.
- Follow all rules and regulations
concerning staff conduct, appropriate dress, program procedures, and specific responsibilities as outlined in the Staff
- Assume other responsibilities as reasonably requested by staff faculty and students.
- Performs related work as
required or as delegated by the supervisor(s).
- This position requires a
flexible schedule and some evening and weekend hours to meet the operational needs of the ICT Office.
- Possible need to travel
between our Campus and downtown Waterbury locations.
To perform this job successfully,
an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred; however,
an equivalent combination of education, experience, or training can be substituted for the bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 2-3
years’ successful work experience in an ICT department.
- Experience in an institution of higher education is preferred but not
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with other employees at all levels and with diverse
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
- Ability to repair
Windows-based computer systems.
- Proficiency in desktop operating systems from Windows 7 to Windows 10.
- Knowledge of
Microsoft Office applications as well as Office 365.
- Ability to plan, organize, and implement assigned responsibilities and to work
well under pressure to meet established deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and provide exemplary customer service along with a
professional demeanor and a positive attitude.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written
- Training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential
functions of the job.
- Must be able to lift and carry 20+ pounds.
Interested candidates should apply at https://post.edu/associate-experience/career-opportunities
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap, or another legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service, and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.