Do you enjoy tactically thinking through Cybersecurity incidents and creating custom solutions for clients? Are you looking for an active role in detecting advanced Cyber threats? Bored with the wait and detect model of security? Instead of letting the attackers come to us, let’s go find them! Cyber threats are evolving and perimeter security and automated protection aren’t enough to fight some of the most advanced APTs—it’s time to go threat hunting.
We’re looking for specialists who can think like a Cyber attacker and understands how Cyber criminals behave in companies. You’ll use your network defense experience and analytical expertise to rapidly prototype and build hunts to sift through the false positives to find patterns and indicators. Guide a team of Cybersecurity experts to find the adversary in the blind spots of traditional security tools and advise on ways to close the gaps and harden infrastructure. As a technical leader, you’ll identify new opportunities to build technical solutions to help your customers find the malicious actors and solve some of toughest challenges the industry has to offer. This is a chance to think differently about Cyber defense, step into a role that is innovative, use completely new tools and approaches, and develop the next generation of security analytics.
Empower change with us.
Build Your Career:
Rewarding work, fun challenges, and a ton of investment in our people—that’s Booz Allen cyber. When you join Booz Allen, we’ll help you develop the career you want.
Competitions — From programming competitions at our PyNights (Python competition and learning events) to competing in CTFs, we’ve got plenty of chances for you to show off your skills.
Paid Research — Have an innovative idea to explore or hypothesis to test? You can participate in challenges via our crowdsourcing platform, the Garage, and other programs to be awarded dedicated time and/or funding to advance your skills.
Cyber University — CyberU has more than 5000 instructor-led and self-paced cyber courses, a free online library that you can access from just about anywhere—including your phone—and certification exam prep guides that include practical assessments to prepare you for your exam.
Academic Partnerships — In addition to our tuition reimbursement benefit, we’ve partnered with University of Maryland University College to offer two graduate certificate programs in cybersecurity—fully funded without a tuition cap.
Maker/Hackerspaces — Race drones, print 3D gadgets, drink coffee from our Wi-Fi coffee maker, and get hands-on training on tools and tech from in-house experts in our dedicated maker and hackerspaces.
- 3+ years of experience with Cybersecurity, SOC, CFC, Information Security, Security Engineering, an IT technical role, or network administration or its components
- Experience with operations management and creating incident reports, process flow, policy, and procedures
- Knowledge of malware Cyber threats and methodologies and how to prevent them, anti-phishing and header analysis, malware analysis techniques and detonation, log analysis, and common free tools, including Virus Total, Who IS, IP, and port analysis and scanning
- Knowledge of general security tools, including Antivirus, E-mail for Microsoft Office365, Exchange, and Gmail, Multi-factor Authentication, Intrusion Protection Systems (IPS) vs Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Web and E-mail Proxy, or Data Loss Prevention tools
- Knowledge of how both Windows and Linux systems are compromised
- Ability to remote into Servers, perform Java and Python scripting, MSQL, log analysis, pull logs for DHCP or windows logs, or any programming language
- Ability to troubleshoot an active security event from detection to containment and speak to the actions needed
- Ability to travel globally between 50-60% of the time
- BA or BS degree
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with using industry leading tools for system data analytics and monitoring, including Tanium, Splunk, Endgame, QRadar, SIEM tools, and AV
- Experience with working in a Fortune 500 security program preferred
- Experience with performing Cyber forensics, malware analysis, Cyber hunt
- Knowledge of Cybersecurity and overall IT architecture design and tools
- Knowledge of risk management and NIST 800, HIPPA, PCI, ISO 2700 standards, including ITIL and MITR frameworks for security a plus
- Knowledge of Cloud Security, Incident Response, and methodologies in Cloud infrastructure compromise
- MA or MS degree in Cybersecurity, Information Security, Cyber Forensics, Cyber Engineering, CS, Computer Engineering, or a related technical IT field
- CISSP, CISM, EIH, Security+, GCFA, GNFA, GREM, or GCIH Certification
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status—to fearlessly drive change.