Since 1852, customers have trusted that Wells Fargo would keep their assets secure from theft and always available. Today, maintaining customer trust remains our underlying operating principle. Enterprise Information Security’s (EIS) vision is to provide Wells Fargo world leading cyber security risk management. Through a framework that addresses policy, process, operations, people, and technology, EIS protects Wells Fargo’s infrastructure, corporate data, and customer assets, and ensures alignment with applicable regulations and laws. EIS is part of Wells Fargo’s Corporate Risk organization and is led by the Chief Information Security Officer.
We have an excellent opportunity for an Information Security Analyst 2 in a growing team working with the latest technology in Information Security. The primary function of this position is to operate in a production based environment, reviewing and evaluating data transmission events to ensure compliance to corporate policy, identify potential risk and determine appropriate next steps/action. As part of a highly interactive and productive team, the information security analyst is expected to analyze data, perform trend analysis and render decisions quickly. The successful candidate will have a technical background with previous hands on experience analyzing events, preferably related to data loss monitoring. An understanding of information security principles, controls, and technical environments/architectures is crucial to keeping pace with the evolving technical and threat landscape. The candidate will need the technical skill and confidence to engage in discussions with information security engineers and then be able to translate this information to non-technical individuals in oral and written formats. The candidate must be comfortable making, owning and taking action based on their decisions. The candidate will be expected to participate in projects and initiatives that require team collaboration, expected to put forth efficiency ideas and be willing to express opinions and provide feedback. The highest level of integrity and confidentiality is required to ensure the privacy of the information we are entrusted. Each member of our team is critical to our success. To succeed in the position you must be comfortable in a very collaborative, goal oriented atmosphere where each person is expected to actively participate and make a meaningful contribution.
Each day you will make a difference.
Note: This position can sit on the Pacific west coast or Hawaii. The work schedule for this position is Saturday, Sunday and three other optional days during the week, 9 AM -6 PM, Mountain Time or 6:00-/7:00 AM – 3:00/4:00 PM Hawaii-Aleutian Standard Time (HAST)
- 1+ year of information security administration experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, and Project) skills
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Customer service focus with the ability to respond to requests in a timely manner
- Ability to coordinate completion of multiple tasks and meet aggressive time frames
- Experience working in a large enterprise environment
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Knowledge and understanding of information security industry standards and government regulations
- Knowledge and understanding of data loss analysis: identification of security events
- Knowledge and understanding of data loss prevention concepts and techniques
- Ability to present complex material in a digestible, consumable manner to all levels of management
- Ability to translate and present complex technical data across technical and non-technical groups
- Ability to translate and summarize complex data into understandable, actionable information and recommendations
- Ability to gather, organize, and interpret data
- Experience using data analysis to identify trends
- Ability to form a story through data analysis
- Microsoft Excel spreadsheets experience importing, exporting, and manipulating data
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- Ability to manage multiple small to medium sized projects simultaneously
- Knowledge and understanding of Information Technology processes and technologies
- Ability to handle confidential material in a professional manner
- Ability to think creatively to find innovative solutions to complex analytical questions
- Ability to articulate issues, risks, and proposed solutions to various levels of staff and management
- A BS/BA degree or higher in science or technology
Other Desired Qualifications
- Thorough understanding of Internet Protocols (HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SFTP, etc.)
- Ability to recognize and read source code (to include parameters, variables, etc.)
- Basic comprehension of file type identification and manipulation (for example – distinguish between .txt, .xml, .html, .jar, .xls, etc. files and modify the extension as necessary to access the data within the file)
- Ability to actively participate in situation/event management calls with leadership
- Strong desire for continuous self-improvement (Education and Information Security Certifications)
- Ability to read, write and speak in multiple languages
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.